It is recommended, as part of the upgrade process, that the latest fixpack available is applied. The regular process requires two steps in order to achieve this. First step would be to do the actual upgrade. For example, applying SCCD 7.5 on top of SRM 18.104.22.168. Stop two would be to apply the latest fixpack available for the new version. For example, applying SCCD 22.214.171.124 on top of SCCD 7.5.
The objective of this tutorial is to provide simple steps to upgrade and apply the latest Fixpack on a single change window.This tutorial applies primarily to ISM Family products, such as, SRM, CCMDB and TAMIT on their 7.2.X versions. The upgrade target is SmartCloud Control Desk 7.5 (SCCD 7.5). The latest SCCD fixpack available at the time this tutorial was written is SCCD 126.96.36.199. Please check Fixcentral to get the latest fixpack version available.
Before proceeding with the upgrade please refer to SmartCloud Control Desk 7.5 Upgrade Guide
- Proceed through the install panels as usual and providing all required information
- When the following panel is reached (see Figure 1), check the options "Deploy application files manually later" and "Defer the Update of the Maximo Database"
- Figure 1
- ***Please note that if the installer detects certain content in your installation, it may not display these options. In that case you must execute the Content Installer. Then you will be presented with these options.***
- The installer should exit successfully with no error messages. Note that neither the application has been deployed nor the database has been updated.
- Now proceed to the Fixpack installation.
- Once the same panel is reached (see Figure 1), do not check any options.
- The install should now deploy the application and update the database successfully.
- The product is now at the latest fixpack level.