IBM BigFix Compliance PCI Add-on: New Support for AIX 7.2 published 2017-08-24
IBM BigFix Compliance PCI Add-on
PCI DSS Checklist for AIX 7 site updated to support AIX 7.2
Updated PCI DSS checklist
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard v3.2
- AIX 7.2 is now supported in the PCI DSS Checklist for AIX 7 site. This additional support is based on the guidance provided by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) v3.2 and on existing checks that are included in the PCI DSS Checklist for AIX 7.
- The available checks evaluate the security settings of your AIX 7 endpoints according to the PCI DSS standard.
- Some of the checks allow you to use the parameterized setting to enable customization for compliance evaluation and remediation actions to efficiently remediate a non-compliance issue with a single action. Note that parameterization requires the creation of a custom site.
- Content improvement (detect and remediation) for handling white characters in configuration files.
- Several other updates are made to the PCI DSS Checklist for AIX 7 site to improve accuracy.
- The Fixlet "Verify that users with UIDs lower than the defined value are present in the /etc/ftpusers file" (pcidss-7.2.2_4.3) was fixed to handle the customized setting.
PCI DSS Checklist for AIX 7, version 5.
*The site version is provided for air-gap customers.
Actions to Take:
- Gather the site changes.
- If you have not enabled the updated site, enable it from the License Overview dashboard. Note that it is listed as PCI DSS Checklist for AIX 7 in the dashboard.
To know more information about the IBM BigFix Compliance PCI DSS checklists, see:
- IBM BigFix Compliance PCI Add-on User's Guide in Knowledge Center: https://ibm.biz/BdrWCq1
- IBM BigFix Wiki: https://ibm.biz/BdrBtk
- Release Announcements:
-- IBM BigFix Forums: https://ibm.biz/Bdsspw (Official BigFix Release Announcements Channel)
-- IBM BigFix Blog: https://ibm.biz/BdrBt5 (Deprecating)
We hope you find this latest release of PCI DSS content useful and effective.
-- The IBM BigFix Compliance PCI Add-on team