Dear IBM BigFix Customers:
If you have purchased the BigFix Protection product, we woud like to get your attention to very important information related with the product.
End of Marking and End of Support for IBM BigFix Protection
IBM has announced to withdraw the BigFix Protection product from marketing, effective December 16, 2016. You can no longer purchase this product directly from IBM after that date.
For existing BigFix Protection customers, the renewal for BigFix Protection S&S (subscription and support) will not be available after February 10, 2017.
IBM has also announced End of Support for BigFix Protection, effective December 31, 2017. Existing BigFix Protection customers will get product support until that date or the expiration of the current S&S contract.
Here is the link to the IBM product and support withdraw announcement that includes BigFix Protection: https://ibm.biz/BdrCAr
Availability of an option to migrate BigFix Protection to Trend Micro's OfficeScan
To help customers continue to get anti-virus protection, IBM has provided an option for all existing BigFix Protection customers to migrate from BigFix Protection to Trend Micro's OfficeScan product at no additional charge. Here is more detail:
- A BigFix Protection customer with valid S&S can get the same number of OfficeScan licenses from Trend Micro without additional payment.
- Trend Micro will provide all the instructions and tools to help the customer migrate their existing Protection installations to OfficeScan.
- After the migration, Trend Micro will provide support for the migrated OfficeScan, until the expiration of the customer’s current Protection S&S with IBM.
- When the current Protection S&S expires, the customer will renew S&S with Trend Micro on OfficeScan directly.
This option is available to a BigFix Protection customer until their current S&S expires or before the annouced End of Support date (December 31, 2017). We highly recommend all BigFix Protection customers to take this migration option to move to OfficeScan as soon as possile. Customers can get many benefits by migrating to OfficeScan:
- Better Protection: Trend Micro’s OfficeScan can provide better protection than BigFix Protection as it contains more comprehensive endpoint security features.
- No additional charge: There is no impact to the current IBM S&S contract. Customers get from Trend Micro the same number of OfficeScan licenses and equivalent S&S, without any additional charge.
- Painless migration: Trend Micro provides migration tools, instructions, and assistance to help customers migrate from Protection to OfficeScan seamlessly.
- Efficient feature upgrade and defect support: Customers get more timely new feature upgrades and defect support for the migrated OfficeScan. Trend Micro provides 24x7 and WW customer support.
- Expandable to other Trend Micro’s solutions: Customers have options of getting Trend Micro’s additional protection modules that fully integrate with OfficeScan for central visibility, management and automated responses to targeted attacks.
Once again, all Protection customers should consider this migration option and contact their IBM sales representatives to start the migration.
Thank you for your attention to this annoucement.