IBM BigFix is pleased to announce the release of IBM BigFix Compliance Analytics version 1.9 Patch 3 [formerly called IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance Analytics (SCA)].
Product: IBM BigFix Compliance
Title: Availability of BigFix Compliance Analytics version 1.9 Patch 3
The BigFix Compliance Analytics version 1.9 Patch 3 release includes the following new features, fixes, and updates.
SCM Reporting, version 114.
New features and updates:
- Update of IBM JRE to version 18.104.22.168. No user action is required for this update.
- Update to WebSphere Liberty Profile 22.214.171.124. No user action is required for this update.
- Fixes were applied for internal bugs and the following APARS:
- IV96397: Field APAR SCA imports failing with high numbers of client settings
- IV98525: For Grid Report filtering, the “ANY" operator is being processed the same as an “ALL” filter
- IV98659: Unable to export CSV format report in version 1.9.79
- IV98940: Users who are assigned multiple computer groups get an error when viewing the Overview page
For first time installations:
1. In the License Dashboard in the IBM BigFix console, enable the SCM Reporting site.
2. In the Security Configuration domain in the console, open the Configuration Management navigation tree.
3. Select the Fixlet named IBM BigFix Compliance 1.9 First-time Install Fixlet under the IBM BigFix Compliance Install/Upgrade menu tree node.
4. Follow the Fixlet instructions and take the associated action to install your BigFix Compliance deployment.
For upgrade installations:
Refer to the prescribed upgrade steps for the BigFix Compliance version that you are using.
IMPORTANT: Before you start any upgrade process, ensure that you perform server and database backup.
A. If you're using BigFix Compliance version 1.7, 1.8, or 1.9, follow these upgrade steps to upgrade to BigFix Compliance version 1.9 Patch 3:
1. Make sure that you performed server and database backup.
2. Make sure that known issues don't meet your environment.
3. In the Security Configuration domain in the console, open the Configuration Management navigation tree.
4. Under the IBM BigFix Compliance Install/Ugrade menu tree item, select the IBM BigFix Compliance 1.9 Upgrade Fixlet which automatically installs and upgrades to the new version.
5. Follow the Fixlet instructions and take the associated action to upgrade your IBM BigFix Compliance deployment.
6. Update the data schema. To do this, log in to the IBM BigFix Compliance web interface from the host server and proceed with configuration. Upgrading the data scheme is expected and it will take some time to complete.
NOTE: Automatic upgrade installation only affects installations running under the LocalSystem account. Follow the Fixlet instructions to install the update manually if this fix cannot be applied.
B. If you're using a version earlier then BigFix Compliance 1.5.78, follow these upgrade steps:
1. Manually upgrade to version 1.5.78. The 1.5.78 installer can be found here.
2. Manually upgrade to version 1.8.33. The 1.8.33 installer can be found here.
3. Use the IBM BigFIx Compliance 1.9 Upgrade Fixlet to upgrade to version 1.9. See steps A.
C. If you're using a version earlier than BigFix Compliance 1.8.33, follow these upgrade steps:
1. Manually upgrade to version 1.8.33. The 1.8.33 installer can be found here.
2. Use the IBM BigFix Compliance 1.9 Upgrade Fixlet to upgrade to version 1.9. See steps A.
SCM Reporting, version 114.
BigFix Compliance (SCA) Release Notes wiki: https://ibm.co/2qePzKY2.
Technote "Duplicate Applicability Fixlets and Check Fixlets might cause import errors in BigFix Compliance (BFC Analytics, previously SCA)": http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg22008460
BigFix Compliance team
Updated on 12/05/2017 to include links for Section B and C.