Twitter has become a new branding medium for products & services. This is a huge potential for marketers to tap into. With millions of tweets every month, a brand can have huge exposure helping it increse the brand visibility. Some of the top Brands include the industries such as Electronics, FMCG, Computer, Automobile, Retail & others. This can help in spreading the Brand awarness & increase brand visibility also. Companies are creating campaigns through Twitter increasing their follower count also.
With Mobile internet exploding in recent years, it has become easier for the consumers to tweet about their experience with the product/service right from their point of purchase influencing the buyers. Many Analytic services also offer analysis of the tweets helping in marketing. Companies are tapping into this with dedicated professionals helping the customers real time. Also a statistical analysis of the tweets reveals much more about the brand like whether the sentiments are positive or negetive.
HarshavardhanPrabhakar 2700035WR8 Tags:  google+ media social blogs twitter facebook 1 Comment 2,868 Views
With twitter’s launch of brand pages, marketers now have the opportunity to connect with customers easily. Facebook first launched the brand pages & many brands created their brand pages. Users can like the pages to post on the walls & also to see the campaigns for the brand pages. Companies also started promotions of facebook pages providing offers to the customers. Later on when Google+ was launched, initially brands were not allowed to create the pages. Recently, Google+ allowed brand pages. Now, twitter has also joined the bandwagon of brand pages. Marketers having brand pages on all sites, should have a clear strategy across all the pages. Only a few brands have their brand pages on twitter now.
HarshavardhanPrabhakar 2700035WR8 Tags:  websites mobile networking apps social 1 Comment 7,053 Views
With the increase in mobile browsing & smartphones, it is becoming easier to get information on the go. Mobile websites filled this void earlier by providing information. With the arrival of app stores, mobile browsing took on a new experience. To decide on the whether to go for a mobile website or mobile app depends on business objectives, user demography, budget constraints & others. Having an app along with the mobile website provides an additional source of income as well. Some of the top differences between the two are
1) Apps require a good strategy to succeed. Need to decide on whether to offer free or Paid.
Users can access the websites freely & can be built easily.
2) Apps need to be developed for each app store like Apple, Andorid, BlackBerry & others
Websites can be developed on a common platform.
3) Need to share the revenue with the app stores & also comply with their terms & conditions
Can keep all the revenue & also websites can be developed without any hindrances.
4) Entry costs for the apps in some of the app stores. Also need to have a proper strategy in place to develop apps
Mobile websites don't cost much & also can be developed in house.
5) Apps can be accessed even offline. Upgrades in apps need to be installed.
Websites need to have a net connection to access. No need for any upgrades.
6) If apps are successful, it helps build brand visibility easily. Also helps in viral marketing.
Websites can be found in search engines through keyword search & it also helps in driving traffic.
B2B Case Studies on BPM Solutions – How Keybank & Coriell used IBM BPM Solutions to achieve success?
HarshavardhanPrabhakar 2700035WR8 642 Views
HarshavardhanPrabhakar 2700035WR8 1,041 Views
With Videos taking a center stage in the digital marketing activities & engaging with the customers, Periscope & Meerkat provide a great opportunity for marketers to engage with the customers. Some of the ways in which these can be used to connect with the customers include
1) Provide product/service demos. This would help customers understand & learn more about your product/service
2) Use these services to broadcase Industry trends, market inforrmation & other related news
3) Connect with a customer & broadcast it to your audience
4) Participate with other industry leading experts on your area & share comments
5) Provide info about your periscope/meerkat videos on other social media channels with hashtags & links
7) Live streams are also available on the web now & can be braodcast to a larger audience
HarshavardhanPrabhakar 2700035WR8 911 Views
With the increase in mobile browsing & consumption of news articles/content incresing, facebook's Instant articles will play an important role in which we read news on the mobile. Facebook has announced a partnership with top publications like NYT, national geographic & others where Facebook will actively host entire articles on behalf of news organizations. Some of the top benefits of the instant articles include
1) Fast and Responsive
2) Interactive and Immersive
3) Simple and Scalable
4) Control and Customization
HarshavardhanPrabhakar 2700035WR8 1,208 Views
Google's mobile search will no longer display a website's URL. The algorithms have been updated to better reflect the names of the website, using the real world name of the site instead of the domain name, & URL structure of the sites in a breadcrumbs like format. As part of the changes, following items will be introduced.
1) The website name to be used instead of the domain name
2) The URL structure of the URL as breadcrumbs
These changes are rolling out gradually and affect only mobile results. The site name change is US-only for now and breadcrumbs are rolling out worldwide. The shift supports schema.org structured data to signal algorithms to display new search results. More information about the same is available at Google webmaster central
HarshavardhanPrabhakar 2700035WR8 1,195 Views
With an increase in global web traffic from mobile devices & also studies showing that mobile visitors are more likely to revisit mobile-friendly sites, mobile usability has now become an imp part of search results. Mobile usability report helps identify issuses affecting your pages. This can be used to fix errors & also their search performance & relevance. Most mobile browsers do not render Flash-based content. Also your pages should specify a viewport using the meta viewport tag
For the mobile friendly websites,
1) The viewing area should adjust to the device screen size
2) Content should flow in viewport
3) Scaling of the fonts
4) Buttons should be well placed & visible
5) Using mobile friendly tech for the mobile website
Six primary mobile usability errors are
1) Flash Usage
2) View Port Not configured
3) Fixed-width viewport
4) Content not sized to viewport
5) Small font size
6) Touch elements too close
Google Mobile-Friendly Test URl is https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/. This test will analyze a URL and report if the page has a mobile-friendly design.
Source : Google Webmaster Tools
HarshavardhanPrabhakar 2700035WR8 1,334 Views
Locale-adaptive pages change their content to reflect the user's language or perceived geographic location. Not all content variants of locale-adaptive pages may be indexed completely. Google has introduced new locale-aware crawl configurations for Googlebot for pages. Depending on how the content is served based on the request's language and perceived location.
1) Geo-distributed crawling - To use IP addresses that appear to be coming from outside the USA
2) language Dependent Crawling - Crawling based on the accept language HTTP header in the request
Users will not be required to alter their CMS or server setting. These new crawling configs are enabled automatically for pages which are local adaptive.
Source : Google Webmaster Central Blog
Google has released a penguin refresh called Penguin 3.0 affecting fewer than 1% of queries in US english search results. This algorithm looks at a backlink profile and may demote a site that may have a poor backlink profile. This is the 6th release of Penguin. Panda update looks at content & language and hence is rolled out by region & language. While the penguin update is about bad links & hence affects globally. Some of the highlisghts of the update are
1) This is a worldwide update which will impact all versions of Google
2) The rollout will continue for the next few weeks
3) It will impact less than 1% of queries in english but may impact other languages as well
4) This refresh helps sites that have already cleaned up the webspam signals discovered in the previous Penguin iteration. This would push up their rankings in search & hence better traffic & visibility.
5) This would demote sites if they have spammy neighbourhoods.
HarshavardhanPrabhakar 2700035WR8 1,354 Views
If you have an android app for your business or services along with a website, Google now allows you to connect both the app & the website. This helps users searching on their smartphones & tablets to be directed to the respective app content. Once the users have installed the app, the users will be directed to the relevant part of the app. Many sites have already implemented this feature & Google has made it even more simpler to connect the website & app. These new features also help analyze the performance & find out the errors. The steps involved are
1) Add deep link support to your app
2) Connect your site and your app
With the normal crawling & indexing process, Google will discover app/site deep links & provide the deep links results in Search. A new feature has been added in Google Webmaster Tools to help find any issues during the app-site link. It will show you what type of errors have been detected for the app page-web page pairs & can be corrected to show correct links.
Competitive analysis for SEO is one of the important aspects. It helps understand how the competitors are doing with respect to ranking, keywords, website & others. This helps implement some new strategies for your website. Some of it can be done manually in Google by searching for their website. There are also some tools available which helps in this process. Earlier Alexa was one of the important tools. Now a variety of free & paid tools are there for the analysis. Some of these tools are 1) Alexa 2) Compete.com 3) Quantcast 4) Google Alerts & others.
These provide a wealth of information for the SEO purposes. This would help outrank your competitors website. The page authority and domain authority plays an important role in the competitive analysis. The page titles are very important for SEO purpose and these should be unique and should target keywords customers are looking for. Some tools provide top keywords for your competitor websites & these can be used for your websites.
HarshavardhanPrabhakar 2700035WR8 2,098 Views
Google Webmaster Central Blog has come out with a list of measures which can be used to make smartphone sites load faster. Today’s avreage mobile page takes more than 7 seconds to load. Google has announced new guidelines to help webmasters optimize their mobile pages for best rendering performance & also updated Pagespeed Insights tool. These guidelines focus on rendering above the fold content to users in one second or less while the rest of the page continues to load. The above-the-fold HTML, CSS, and JS is known as the critical rendering path.
Following are some of the best practices & guidelines which can be applied.
1) Server must render the response (< 200 ms)
2) Number of redirects should be minimized
3) Number of roundtrips to first render should be minimized
5) Reserve time for browser layout and rendering (200 ms)
HarshavardhanPrabhakar 2700035WR8 1,217 Views
If the Infinite scroll in websites is not implemented in search engine friendly way, crawlers find it difficult to crawl & index. Then the content will not surface in search results. Google Webmaster Central has a great article on how to implement the Infinite Scroll in a search engine friendly way.
1) The webpage or the CMS used should produce a paginated series to go along with the infinite scroll.
2) All the individual items are accessible. However, with the normal infinite scroll, crawler can’t discover individual items displayed after the initial page load.
3) Decide how much content to have in each page.
4) The content should be so divided that there is no overlap.
5) Each component page contains a full URL.
6) Use rel=next and rel=prev values in the section to configure pagination.
7) Implement replaceState/pushState on the infinite scroll page.
With the increase in mobile browsing & search, mobile websites should be built properly to drive more traffic from search & provide better customer experience. Some of the check list from Google webmaster central to improve mobile websites are
1) Optimize crawling, Indexing & search experience. Unblock resources that are robots.txt disallowed. Implement search engine best practices.
2) Optimize mobile persona workflows for your site.
3) Seperate mobile site & include CSS @media query.
4) Search integration with mobile apps. Build for mobile behaviour & also provide for social sharing.
5) Remove cumbersome extra windows from all mobile user-agents. Also remove features that require plugins or videos which may not be found in the users device.
6) High traffic, poor user experience mobile pages should be designed properly.
7) Tablet users be served with the desktop version or if available, the tablet version.