Mobile SEO Best Practices
HarshavardhanPrabhakar 2700035WR8 Marcações:  web engines mobile search seo 2.0 2.510 Visualizações
With the increase in smart phones & higher internet penetration, mobile browsing is growing at a rapid rate. Also mobile search is increasing resulting in higher mobile traffic. Websites fit for desktop browsing may not be suitable for mobile viewing. Not all phones have proper mobile browsers & hence content may not be displayed properly. Some of the Mobile SEO best practices include
1) Deciding whether to serve mobile web pages from www.pages.com or m.pages.com or www.pages.mobi
2) Proper meta tags for the pages. Location based Keywords play a very important role & also keywords should be close to Google mobile predictive search.
3) Making sure that mobile web pages adhare to w3c mobile web standards
4) Registration forms should be small & ask for only important info.
5) Submitting mobile sitemap to Google webmaster central & allowing the Google mobile bot to crawl.
6) Listing the site in directories, search engines & others
7) Having a proper analytics tool to measure the metrics for the pages & implementing any changes needed.
8) Site should load faster, no flash, ajax & heavy images.