Social Media events provide a great way to connect with the customers & engage with them. Important social media sites like facebook with its 750 million members, Twitter with millions of tweets, youtube being a top video search engine & others provide an avenue to engage with the customers. It can be used during the pitching to the clients & developing rapport with the clients. Social Media is also used in a big way in the events to provide real time information to the users. It includes live blogging, tweeting, live streaming and all of which can be included in an aggregator to provide a single window for the information.
Some of the factors to be considerd while using the social media events include
1) How the events benefit the customers
2) Topics considered can include Addresing important issues customers face, trends in industry & others
3) Informing the customers about the event through mail, blogs & others
4) Developing a proper content which hold the interest of the audience.
5) Using an expert in the field for the social media event
6) Special offers, discounts & others who sign up during the event
Some of the important Social Media events Include
1) Live Chat
2) Virtual events
4) Events using Twitter/Facebook like Townhall events