Google has launched fetch as googlebot, a new feature in Google webmaster tools, to submit & index the sites/pages faster. Even though there is normal Google way of crawling & indexing, this new feature allows it do faster for Google. This can be used in situations like: if the page is launched new for some events & want it be indexed faster, to replace a cached copy of the page in Google & also to submit new sites. However, there is a limit of 50 submissions per week for individual URL's & 10 per week when URL's & all the pages under it. This can be found under the diagnostics settings of the webmaster tools. It involves the following steps
1) Set up a Google Webmaster Tools account for the website & verify it.
2) Under the diagnostics settings, fetch as Googlebot is given.
3) Add the pages to it & if successfull, you will be given the option to Index the site
4) Indexing can be done at the root level or pages associated with it.
5) Once indexed, the tool shows the updates & also the no. of remaining fetches.