IBM is pleased to announce the launch of our 2015 Global SmartCamps in collaboration with angel investor, and serial entrepreneur, Jason Calacanis (@jason) and LAUNCH Media in sixteen cities worldwide, and counting. We are especially excited to be hosting five of these exclusive events within our MEA region.
If you think your startup is changing the world, IBM SmartCamp and LAUNCH are here to give you the tools to make it happen. We’re helping startups build a smarter planet by providing access to ideas and advancements through education, mentorship, business services and industry access.
- Cairo – 2 September 2015
- Nairobi – 11 September 2015
- Casablanca – 16 September 2015
- Istanbul – 16 September 2015
- Johannesburg – 17 September 2015
This year’s programme offers startups the opportunity to get training from, network with, and pitch to top-tier mentors from local businesses, startups, and VCs. Winners will get the chance to be accepted into the LAUNCH Incubator with $25k investment from Jason Calacanis, and become IBM’s Global Entrepreneur of the Year.
Step 2: Compete in a Local IBM SmartCamp
Step 3: Semi-Finals: Attend LAUNCH Scale, an exclusive, invite-only event in Silicon Valley
Step 4: Finals: Pitch live at LAUNCH Festival to win IBM Global Entrepreneur of the Year and a slot in the LAUNCH incubator, with a $25k investment
Want to take part in this once in a lifetime incubator experience? There are just a few quick rules to follow before applying:
- Your startup must have a MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- The startup must be early-stage with less than $1 million USD in revenue and less than 5 years old
- Founders must be available to attend LAUNCH Scale (13–14 October 2015), LAUNCH Festival (2–4 March 2016), and LAUNCH Incubator (Spring 2016) in San Francisco, CA.
- Startups must pay their own airfare, lodging, and food for LAUNCH Scale, Festival, and Incubator
- Startups must be running on IBM Cloud or in the process of migrating by 14 October 2015. (Instructions will be provided)
The MEA Cloud Ecosystem Development team proudly brings IBM SmartCamps to MEA.
For more information on each of the events within our region, please contact @Basson, RF (Rene).
Want to engage with IBM SmartCamps and LAUNCH on social media?
Keep up with the story and follow us @IBMSmartCamp and @LAUNCH. Tag your photos #IBMSmartCamp.