southworth 100000HBX4 Tags:  a creating c/c++ for with linux power aix rational remote project new developer 2,824 Views
To continue my Rational Developer for POWER series, the Rational Developer for POWER Systems Software is a modern,
Eclipse-based, multilingual, integrated development environment targeting POWER Linux, AIX, and IBM i systems.
This video provides a step by step demonstration on how to create a new C/C++ project based on existing source files residing
remotely on an AIX or POWER Linux server machine.
It's pretty cool stuff. Check it out!
southworth 100000HBX4 Tags:  forge and project creating a scheduling release running management rational build 2,616 Views
IBM® Rational® Build Forge® is IBM's flagship product for build and release management. It not only provides an amazing potential to automate the build process but also to automate the testing procedures for any team.
For most developers, the use of Build Forge has been confined to using the management console, or the graphical user interface (GUI). Many teams are unaware that Build Forge can also be connected through a client and that it can integrate with IBM® Rational® Jazz™ technology-based software, too. When teams need to create or integrate their custom build and test solutions with Build Forge, application programming interfaces (APIs), known as Build Forge clients and provided by Build Forge, play an important role. The client gives you a simple and robust way to add, update, modify, and interact with the Build Forge objects in the same manner that the management console does.
Check out this this demo to learn how to create a basic "Hello World" project in IBM® Rational® Build Forge®. This demo steps you through the following tasks: Creating a server authentication, creating a selector and server, creating a project, running a project, and scheduling a project.
It's all part of creating a smarter planet!
southworth 100000HBX4 Tags:  mongodb point rational build project efficient advanced management appscan integration the forge doors portfolio focal simulink ibm dba recovery with backup rhapsody db2 mathworks by and solution using optim 1 Comment 7,963 Views
Check out the top 10 technical developerWorks demos of 2011!
southworth 100000HBX4 Tags:  pants of requirements the by develop into software your project rational model for smarter planet - seat composer a don't fly 3,460 Views
"Fly by the seat of your pants" is an early aviation term when aircraft had few navigation aids and flying was accomplished by means of the pilot's judgment.
The term emerged in the 1930s and was first widely used in reports of Douglas Corrigan's flight from the USA to Ireland in 1938.
That flight was reported in many US newspapers of the day 'Corrigan Flies By The Seat Of His Pants',
We all know that we can't fly by the seat of our pants in software development. There are so many tools today that help us make smarter software faster.
From use case development all the way to modeling, solution analysis, design activities and project management. And thank goodness that aircraft
now have the navigation tools to fly more safely.
Check out these tools to help develop software smarter!
This demo shows how to transform an IBM® Rational® Requirements Composer project into a model in IBM Rational Software Architect or IBM Rational
Software Modeler.See how use cases and process flow requirements captured in IBM Rational Requirements Composer can be used as a basis for your
solution analysis and design activities within Rational Software Architect or Rational Software Modeler.
southworth 100000HBX4 Tags:  project a with portfolio planet using create ibm management help rational smarter focal point 3,008 Views
IBM® Rational® Focal Point™ provides market - and business-driven product and portfolio management - helping executives and teams to make the right decisions to deliver business, customer and market value.
- Utilize visualization, prioritization, and unique road mapping and planning capabilities to ensure that plans are innovative, valuable and achievable.
- Centralize information key to decision-making, status reporting and portfolio reviews to escape the chaos of managing data in emails, documents, and spreadsheets; speeding the ability to respond to changing market and business conditions.
- Overcome the influence of the loudest voice in the room and use objective information to support decision making.
- Reduce risk and improve cost estimations of investments by modeling financial and market impacts and by performing scenario, statistical and financial analysis.
- Integrate enterprise architecture plans and project execution into portfolio management to ensure enterprise and project-level decisions are aligned with financial and market needs.
- Quickly realize the benefits of Product and Portfolio Management and reduce costs of implementations by utilizing pre-defined configurations based on best practices.