Integrating WebSphere Service Registry and Repository with Tivoli Change and Configuration Management Database
WebSphere Service Registry and Repository (WSRR) integrates with Tivoli Change and
Configuration Management Database (CCMDB).
The integration features for CCMDB in WSRR version 7 are intended to:
- Provide demographic configurations information for enhanced service
infrastructure visualization. (and to)
- Enable SOA teams to involve the operations team for making governance
A Service Oriented Architecture typically spans across multiple phases like Service
Development, Service Deployment and Service Management. Each phase needs a
registry and repository optimized to that specific phase and the ability to share
information and communicate with other registries and repositories. Across the SOA
lifecycle, IBM’s registry and repository offerings provide federated governance
The integration of WSRR with CCMDB enables federation of service related meta-data
associated with Service Deployment and Service Management.
Tivoli CCMDB contains configuration information relevant to IT Service Management
- Application and server topologies,
- Relationships and references among logical and physical deployment units
- Meta data relating to specific aspects of configuration and management
- Automated Service Management processes
- Discovery of the hosting infrastructure
- (at the same time) WSRR manages service related information for deployment and
runtime operations of services.
Meta-data associated to a Service object in deployment lifecycle can be linked with the
Configuration object in the management lifecycle of a Service in SOA environments.