Following on from the video posted in January 2012, view this IBM Prerequisite Scanner demonstration to see how to run Prerequisite Scanner to scan prerequisites for a product such as Tivoli Provisioning Manager. The demonstration contains audio and visual on:
- when to specify the required input parameters, optional input parameters, and flags for the Prerequisite Scanner prereq_checker script
- how to run the script on a Linux machine and check for the prerequisites required by Tivoli Provisioning Manager
- how to read the results of the scan, with failed results
- how to perform tasks to resolve failed scan results
- how to verify fixes by reading the results of the subsequent successful scan, after the prerequisite has been installed or enabled in the target environment
You can save the WAV file to your computer, or open it with your browser.