Deployment Engine: Re-register Collector Signatures Patch Utility
When to use the utility ?
When Tivoli product install/upgrade fails with the following error message in the de_trace.log file.
2011-08-29 11:48:49.624-05:00 1 BasePropertyCheckControllerImpl getSelections BST-NMS-NCI.tfn.com IP com.ibm.ac.si.tpif.TouchpointException: REGISTRY_FETCH_ERROR
Search for both below keywords in de_trace.log file
If you noticed above two keywords, then we can run this utility to resolve the issue which occurs because of collectoDB corruption.
When can collectorDB corruptions occurs ?
DE CollectorDB corruption might occur due to backup and restore of DE backup file between two different Operating Systems or between same Operating Systems of different flavors.
For example: Take DE backup on Win 2003 and restore it on either Win XP or Win 2008 or Win 2008 SP1, then collectorDB corruption might occur.
How to run Utility ?
* First take DE backup by invoking de_backupdb.cmd/.sh script and also to be on safe side take backup of acsi (or) .acsi_<username> (or) .acsi_<hostname> directory.
* Download utility using below URL
* Extract the patch to an empty directory
* Run reRegisterCollectors.cmd/.sh which resolves the REGISTRY_FETCH_ERROR issue.
* Ensure that reRegisterCollectors.sh has execute permission.
* Run reRegisterCollectors.sh
* Run reRegisterCollectors.cmd
This utility reset’s all collector signatures to match the current DE instance.
The patch utility outputs to both the console as well as DE's de_trace.log file.
This issue can be seen on Deployment Engine based Tivoli products like TIP, Omnibus, WebGUI , ITNM , TBSM, TCR, TPC, TSIEM, TSM, ILMT, Impact, TKLM, TWS, ITM , TDWC, TPAE, TSRM, CCMDB etc..,