Last week, IBM has together with, in a joint effort with Covalent
developed a JBoss to Geronimo conversion tool. This tool is used when converting applications from JBoss to Geronimo, and automatically converts the configuration file from one app server to the other. This feature is being planned to be made available as code donation. You can view here
the earlier code donations made by IBM to Apache Geronimo and also the necessary IP clearance required. Just in case you are wondering how the code donation is accepted, here is an high level over-view of the process, as detailed by a PMC member.
1) The Geronimo PMC votes on whether or not to accept the donation.
2) Assuming that the donation is accepted, the Geronimo PMC must complete an IP Clearance Form --
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html. Note that this form must be "executed" by an ASF
Officer or Member.
3) The completed form must be committed to the incubator svn repository.
4) The incubator web site is updated with info about the donation.
5) A note is sent to general@incubator to inform the incubator of the donation.
6) Assuming no dissent from the incubator, after a lazy consensus period of 48 hours, we can commit the code.
You can have a look at the conversion tool at the JIRA-2743