The new IBM Control Desk 22.214.171.124 fix pack has been released on 11 Jun 2019. This new fix pack is still running on the same Tivoli's process automation engine 7.6.1 (Tpae 126.96.36.199 Build 20180718-1141) and IBM Maximo for Service Providers 188.8.131.52 Build 20180730-2208
Some of key highlights include :-
1. Introducing IBM® Control Desk for Maximo®
- IBM Control Desk for Maximo is the newest member of the Control Desk family of products. Along with all the functionality of Control Desk, IBM Control Desk for Maximo also includes applications for preventive maintenance and quick reporting.
(a) IBM® Control Desk
This edition provides a comprehensive range of product features. Users can use special tools to import and discover assets and configuration items (CIs) across the data center; manage licenses, including software contracts; manage assets, changes, releases, and configuration; operate a full-featured service catalog and service desk; and generate and manage incidents and problems. This edition includes several sophisticated workflows that enable you to direct IT processes in predictable, repeatable ways, along with integration and customization capabilities. In addition, it includes the CMDB for storing and managing data.
(b) IBM Control Desk for Service Providers
The Service Provider edition contains all of the features and functionality provided in Control Desk. In addition, this edition includes applications and capabilities that are specifically designed for service providers who are managing the data centers of multiple customers.
(c) IBM Control Desk for Maximo®
IBM Control Desk for Maximo is the newest member of the Control Desk family of products. Like IBM Control Desk, IBM Control Desk for Maximo provides tools to import and discover assets and configuration items across the data center; manage licenses, including software contracts; manage assets, changes, releases, and configuration; operate a full-featured service catalog and service desk; and generate and manage incidents and problems. Additional features, available only in IBM Control Desk for Maximo, include the following Maximo applications:
- Preventative Maintenance
- Quick Reporting
2. Control Desk now supports integrations with IBM BigFix Inventory
Control Desk now includes features that support integration with IBM BigFix Inventory. The following scenarios are supported:
- Importing the IBM BigFix Inventory software catalog
- Importing hardware and usage data from IBM BigFix Inventory
- Reporting on license compliance from the IBM BigFix Inventory data that you imported
- Support for different license types in Control Desk
- Assigning a license in Control Desk and forwarding the information to IBM BigFix Inventory for reporting
3. New installation and upgrade procedures for Integration Composer
- There are new installation and upgrade procedures for Integration Composer.
4. A team proxy role has been added to Service Portal
- A team proxy can perform several actions on behalf of other team members in their security group.
5. You can chat with Watson Virtual Assistant in Service Portal
- Service Portal now supports chatting with Watson Virtual Assistant.
6. Control Desk mobile app updates
- There are numerous enhancements for the Control Desk mobile app.
... and many more
For more details on what is new in IBM Control Desk 184.108.40.206, you can find it here
What's new in Control Desk version 220.127.116.11
What's new in Control Desk for Service Providers version 18.104.22.168
For complete details on downloading IBM Control Desk 22.214.171.124 you can find it here
Downloading IBM Control Desk Version 126.96.36.199
Here's a quick link to Fix Central to download the fix pack.
more to come...