This is an introduction into IBM Tivoli System Automation Application Manager.
IBM Tivoli System Automation Application Manager helps coordinate and manage application availability across cluster technologies, so you can better control your enterprise business services. Use it as single point of control to manage heterogeneous business application landscape.
* Increase productivity by consolidating to a single operations and automation tool to manage heterogeneous clusters without detailed knowledge of either the application or its associated platform
* Leverage a single interface to manage operations of composite applications, for managing and controlling the planned and unplanned outages across the enterprise.
* Policy-based advanced automation enables modeling application behavior during failures, thus helping in reducing complexity and speeding time to value.
* Application-centric approach to automated high-availability for end-to-end application landscapes and provides automatic recovery mechanism on service disruption due to failure of application, component, resource, or system.
* Extend automation to application components that reside on single node clusters or unsupported platforms, through an agentless adapter technology.
* Speed problem resolution by using a Web-based interface to access clear views of applications and their relationship to other applications, servers and systems, and then drill down to determine the root cause of failures
* Mitigate the impact of service disruptions by using centralized control for all clusters and Sysplex environments to help make time-critical decisions that prevent unplanned outages and to better prepare for planned outages, such as routine maintenance
* Include applications running on single node servers or unclustered servers in the automation scope through the agentless adapter
* Expand capabilities with an additional disaster recovery component for System z mainframes which integrates with Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex (GDPS). It is designed to notify GDPS to trigger disaster recovery actions
* Integration with Tivoli Productivity Center - Replication (TPC-R) allows System Automation Application Manager to become the single point of control for both multi-tiered business applications and the corresponding data replication between two sites. This provides disaster recovery (DDR) functionality for a purely open system landscape