IBM Tivoli System Automation for Multiplatforms
MartinReitz 060001HHJ8 Visits (2707)
* Sophisticated knowledge about application components and their relationships
* Quick and consistent recovery of failed resources and whole applications either in place or on another system of a cluster
If you use System Automation for Multiplatforms, the following advantages and improvements apply:
* Policy-based automation reduces skill requirements and improves automation quality and flexibility.
* Plug and play automation modules can reduce automation costs, implementation time and support effort.
* Less operator errors and effort through operations at the application level using a Web-based GUI.
* Consistent automation across all platforms.
* Protection of critical resources through quorum. Dead man switch and a disk and network tiebreaker.
* Builds small, large, and complex clusters (n:m) which reduces the number of required backup systems.
* Goal driven automation avoids operator errors.
* Integrates with Tivoli System Automation Application Manager to automate and operate composite applications and to facilitate reporting.
* Web-based, easy to use, and powerful graphical user interface.
* Integrates with CCMDB using System Automation Application Manager, TEC, TEP, TPM.