Original source: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21978542
Verse offline is a feature of IBM Verse that allows you to work, read and compose messages when you're disconnected from the Internet. When you have a connection to the Internet again, Verse will automatically send and receive your messages.
How do I set up Verse offline?
1. Click on your profile icon in the navigation bar and click Set Up Offline Mail.
2. Enter a new password, confirm your password, and click Set Up.
3. While Verse Offline is setting up you will see a progress bar, which will remain on screen for a short time.
How do I use Verse offline?
When you want to work offline, click your profile icon then click Work Offline.
You will be prompted to enter the password you created earlier. Alternatively Verse can be started in offline mode if a browser bookmark was saved for Verse offline.
How much of my mail is available when offline?
The last 7 days of data is available for all folders. Currently the amount of available data cannot be customized. Data that was previously synced is retained for an additional 3 days before being deleted. In addition to your Inbox you will also be able to see all your folders including draft, sent, and personal folders. The Calendar bar is also shown, providing access to the previous 7 and next 30 days of calendar information.
How can I tell if my offline mail has been updated?
Your offline mail will be updated for any one of these reasons, if you have access to the Internet:
- If you click the Refresh Offline menu option. The menu option also shows the last time your offline content was updated.
- If you click the refresh icon above your Inbox.
- New mail is detected and delivered approximately every 5 minutes.
- All other updates are synced automatically approximately every 10 mins.
Note: Some browsers have a limit on the amount of local storage. Chrome and Safari browsers allow 2GB of local storage, while Firefox and IE have less. Normally the browser will prompt you if you've reached the limit, however if the prompt was missed or was declined to increase storage, your offline mail may stop updating. If this happens you can increase your data limits in your browser preferences.
How can I change or reset my offline mail password?
1. Log in to Verse online
2. Click the profile icon in the navigation bar and click Offline Settings.
3. Click Change Password.
4. Enter a new password, confirm your new password, and click Save.
Note: Resetting or changing the offline password does not require knowing the current password. It also does not delete your offline content, so it won't be necessary to go through setup again.
Offline mail stops working after clearing all browser history and data
Verse Offline content is stored in the browser's local data store. Depending on what is cleared from the browser history, your offline mail content may be deleted as well. Complete the following steps to setup offline mail again:
1. Log in to Verse online.
2. Click on the profile icon in the navigation bar and click Offline Settings.
3. Click Clear Offline Data.
4. When completed you'll receive a message stating your offline data was cleared.
5. Click the profile icon in the navigation bar to Set Up Offline Mail again.
How do I switch back to Verse online?
When you want to work online again, click "You are working offline" in the navigation bar, then click Work Online.
Are there any differences in the content available offline?
Some items will not be available in the initial version. The most notable items are listed here:
- Attachments and images are not available for messages stored offline, but each email will indicate that attachments were part of the original email.
- Attachments cannot be added to outgoing emails.
- Calendar invitations will be shown in the inbox and on the calendar bar but cannot be accepted/declined and new invitations cannot be created. The calendar popup is available for all entries from the calendar bar.
- Signed and encrypted mail options when sending email are not available.
- Currently it is possible to search and review existing “Needs Action/Waiting For” items from sync period (7 days). Coming very soon it will also be possible to mark completed existing items or add new items
- When reviewing the inbox, snippets (preview of first couple of lines of message) are not available.