|IBM sites||Topic: Development and Test on the IBM Cloud version 1.1 features|
Environment/software: IBM Smart Business Development and Test on the IBM Cloud/all supported software
The new version 1.1 of the IBM Smart Business Development and Test on the IBM Cloud offers two helpful changes:
- Support for Virtual Private Networks and Virtual Local Area Networks.
- New premium support services.
With version 1.1, you can use a VPN to access your machine instances on the IBM Cloud to provide virtual network isolation of your instances. Each VPN service consists of a private virtual LAN (VLAN) in an IBM Cloud Center of your choice plus a VPN gateway for accessing that VLAN.
The VPN option lets you isolate your development and test environment on the IBM Cloud on a VLAN that only you can access. It is not accessible from the Internet or from other instances unless you have provisioned them to your private VLAN.
New premium support services
In addition to the existing technical support, version 1.1 allows users to purchase premium levels of support that include
- Around-the-clock telephone support and a web-based ticketing system to submit and review service requests.
- Remote technical support to assist you in the use of the Cloud web portal, access to services, instance creation, and image management functions within the portal.
- The ability to add Linux operating support for Linux OS provisioned through the Cloud web portal, including support for virtual machine instances.
- Listen to IBM Cloud expert Brian Snitzer talk about the changes in release 1.1.
- Visit the IBM Smart Business Development and Test on the IBM Cloud site.
- Visit the IBM developerWorks cloud computing resource center for technical knowledge on cloud application and services development and deployment and tools you can use to make it easier.
- And did you know? IBM has opened a Cloud Computing Competence Center in Germany?