|Steve Hanna, Jesus Molina, Technologists||
Topic: Security, authentication, data transport
Environment/software: general cloud/not specific
Questions you should ask yourself about security for six topic areas in the cloud. With answers. The topic areas and questions include
- Securing data at rest. How does the cloud provider secure data at rest (on storage devices)?
- Securing data in transit. How does the cloud provider secure data in transit (within the cloud and on its way to and from the cloud)?
- Authentication. How does the cloud provider authenticate users?
- Separation between the customers. How are one customer's data and applications separated from other customers (who may be hackers or competitors)?
- Cloud legal and regulatory issues. How does the cloud provider address legal and regulatory issues related to cloud computing?
- Incident response. How does the cloud provider respond to incidents and how are customers involved?
- Provides a beginning template for developers to gauge secure cloud usage from providers.
- Original article.
- Connecting to the Cloud: Cloud governance and security: Hands on how to to secure a cloud application.
- Cloud Computing Use Cases White Paper: Security in the Cloud: Covers cloud security from the bottom up.
- Internet Evolutions's Cloud Security Tutorial: Video series on cloud security questions.