These instructions are for installing the new Code Rally beta onto your machine - this should work for Windows, Mac, and Linux machines.
You will need the following installed first:
- Java 7 or 8 runtime
- Eclipse IDE for Java EE
- In Eclipse install the "IBM Bluemix tools" and make sure the "WebSphere Application Server Liberty tools" option is also ticked when installing (drag the icon to the right onto Eclipse to install)
- Start and open Eclipse
- Go to help > install new software
- The install new software window will open - in the top right is an "add" button - click it
- After clicking "add" you will see the Add Repository window - name the repository "Code Rally beta" and in the URL put "http://public.dhe.ibm.com/ibmdl/export/pub/software/websphere/wasdev/coderally/downloads/eclipseplugin" (without the quotes)
- Click OK to return to the add new software main window - on the bottom un-tick the "Group items by category" option and Code Rally should appear as an option in the list - check the box next to it and click "next" to start the install process - you should now be able to continue to install the game. Note that you will get a warning that the content is unsigned.
- Once the tools are installed, restart Eclipse then open the Java EE perspective (Window> Perspective> Open Perspective> Other> Java EE)
- In the Java EE perspective go to the servers view which should be in the bottom section of the Java EE perspective.
- Right-click on empty space in the Servers view and select new>server
- In the New Server window find the IBM folder and select "WebSphere Application Server Liberty" and click next
- You will now see the new server runtime wizard. If you already have an installed copy of WebSphere Liberty, then set the directory location and move to step 12. If you have not installed Liberty before then choose "install from an archive or a repository" and click next.
- Set a location where you would like to install WebSphere Liberty - it is a small install, but will need to be able to write logs in its install location, so Windows users should not install it under "program files". Once you have set an install location, choose to download and install a new environment and select the WAS Liberty with Web Profile option - you can then continue the wizard to accept the license agreement and then install the runtime - you do not need any additional add-ons from the add-ons screen.
- Once the runtime is installed you should see the new server window again - this time click "next" when the "WebSphere Application Server Liberty" option is selected.
- We will be using the default settings for the Liberty server so you can click the "finish" button immediately and a new Liberty server will be created - you can select this when creating new Agent AIs later in the game (see Zero
to raci ng i n 60 sec ond s to see how to create your AI when you have finished this installation).