IBM Knowledge Center will soon become the central location for online documentation about IBM products, replacing all the separate information centers. You do not need to take any action, links to the existing CICS information centers will be automatically redirected to IBM Knowledge Center from May onwards, but you will notice some changes in the look and function of the CICS online documentation.
You can find the IBM Knowledge Center here: www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/.
Why are information centers changing?
Clients have told IBM that it is too painful working with individual product information centers:
- Too many individual sites for multiple IBM products
- User experience is inconsistent from one information center to another
- Search relevance can be poor and is impossible across product information centers
- Performance and availability issues
- Some information centers do not work well with mobile devices
- Unable to create custom views and PDFs of the content
What does IBM Knowledge Center offer?
- Enhanced search, across all products or filtered by date, task, or operating system, with type-ahead hints
- Ability to create collections of pages (changes that IBM makes to the pages are automatically reflected in these collections) and format these in PDF
- Rate pages and share comments on pages
- The ability for IBM to update the information swiftly in response to feedback or fixes
Replacing all information centers is the first step. Over time, IBM Knowledge Center will become a fusion of technical content from IBM developerWorks, IBM Redbooks publications, and elsewhere. There will be a cust
What changes will CICS users see?
- The content and structure of online topics are unchanged. IBM Knowledge Center uses a different style sheet to present the information and has a different URL than the existing information centers.
- PDFs of CICS manuals are separated from the online information. The PDF files will be hosted outside of IBM Knowledge Center. For CICS, there will be links to the IBM Publications Center where the PDFs will reside.
Until the cust
omer -ins tall able edition of IBM Knowledge Center is available, we will continue to provide CICS information centers for download into your environment. For example, you can go to the IBM Publications Center and search on "CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V5.1 information center" and pick the one for your platform, like Windows. The doc numbers for all releases and the procedure will be described in a new "CICS product documentation" section in the IBM Knowledge Center.
Find out more
- Information for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS (CICS TS), CICS Transaction Gateway (CTG) and CICS Tools is already in IBM Knowledge Center: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGMGV/welcome . We are in the process of refreshing it with the most up-to-date content, and adding previous versions of CICS TS and CTG.
- Follow the IBM Technical Content blog for more information about the IBM Knowledge Center: https://www.ibm.com/connections/blogs/techcontent/
Let us know what you think and if you have any questions by clicking on the Feedback button at the bottom of most pages within the IBM Knowledge Center