It's been a busy 18 months for the IBM CICS and Problem Determination Tools development teams, keeping pace with the latest and greatest in CICS TS for z/OS V5.2 and adding lots of new capabilities as well. New releases of five core CICS Tools plus an updated Solution Pack, together with enabling PTFs (where required) for PD Tools will help you to maximize the benefits from the latest run-time release. Don't worry if you are running an earlier release of CICS - most of the new capabilities will help you too.
Here's a brief summary of the updated CICS Tools - you'll find more information in the announcement letter here.
- CICS Interdependency Analyzer for z/OS, V5.2 (CICS IA). More CICS cloud data, new Command Flow visualization, and significantly reduced overhead.
- CICS Deployment Assistant for z/OS, V5.2 (CICS DA). New RESTful API to access discovered model, more cloning options, and new region compare function.
- CICS Performance Analyzer for z/OS, V5.2 (CICS PA). New Performance Summary reports for Platforms and Applications, multi-version analysis of dynamic mobile applications, reporting, visualization, and analysis enhancements.
- CICS Configuration Manager for z/OS, V5.2 (CICS CM). New support for CICSPlex SM Topology and Workload Management definitions allows mobile workloads to be quickly reconfigured. New plug-in support for Migration Schemes and Deployment Analysis.
- CICS VSAM Recovery for z/OS, V5.2 (CICS VR). New support for extended address volumes (EAVs), plus usability, installation, and coexistence enhancements.
- CICS Optimization Solution Pack for z/OS, V5.2 is updated to include the new releases of its component products.
Application Performance Analyzer V13 PI15584
- User independence supported by authorizing sample data set access at the user level
- Automation improved by specifying the sample data set name on batch requests
- CICS support enhanced to recognize up to six alternate names for the CICS initiation module
- Application error and abend handling improved for DB2 measurements, error status indicators and error reporting at the observation level
Debug Tool V13 PTF# tbc
- JCL instrumentation with DT options.
- Code coverage enhancements (C, C++ and Assembler support plus the new web interface).
- Allow DT to trap DB2 SP with dummy ID.
Fault Analyzer V13 PTF# tbc
- TSO storage usage enhancements.
- LANGX support for COBOL 5.1.
- File Manager No PTF required
- Hourglass V6.1 and V7.1 will support CICS V5.2 at GA
- No PTF required for Workload Simulator, Data Set Commander and IMS