This post is contributed by Catherine Moxey, IBM Senior Technical Staff Member - CICS Performance and Optimization
IBM Senior Technical Staff Member Catherine Moxey shares a few things that you might not know about CICS support for event processing.
- Did you know that you can emit events about business processing that takes place in your CICS applications, without changing the applications at all?
- Did you know that events from CICS can be used within CICS, to drive another CICS transaction for example, or can integrate with event processing engines such as IBM Operational Decision Management and monitors such as IBM Business Monitor?
- Did you know that retailers are using CICS events to understand how sales and promotional offers are working out, and in real time which enables them to tweak and improve the offers?
- Did you know that banks in Italy use CICS events to help them satisfy data protection regulations?
- Did you know that you can get an SMS message or email sent when an event happens in CICS?
- Did you know that you can emit CICS system events about the status of CICS resources, and that a customer has used that to get a notification when critical files fail to open successfully at CICS startup?
- Did you know that as of CICS TS V5.2, you can generate 'pre-canned' events when CICS threshold policies are exceeded?
- Did you know that there is an IBM Redbooks publication to tell you all about Event Processing with CICS?