Wiring a DASH Gauge to the OMNIbus Web GUI Event Viewer
SteveHowell 2700029KG6 Visits (7708)
Since the release of version 8.1 of Netcool OMNIbus Web GUI, it has been possible to build dashboards within DASH, using "Dashboard Widgets" to display event data from your local Web GUI installation. Examples of the kinds of widgets you can drag onto a page and use are:
It should be noted that each of the widgets which are added to a dashboard page will send their own individual HTTP requests for data, and hence performance of the page could be affected if too many widgets are included. As such, DASH-based dashboards may not be a good alternative to a Web GUI map if that map has many active components on it. However, for relatively simple dashboards with a small number of widgets, they provide some useful functionality.
As of OMNIbus Web GUI 8.1 Fix Pack 2, it is now also possible to add an Event Viewer onto your page and drive its context from the Dashboard widgets mentioned above. In the example below, we create a page which contains some status gauges (each representing a different Web GUI filter) and an Event Viewer. The intention is that clicking on any of the gauges should cause the Event Viewer to be updated to show events for the clicked filter.
The screen shot below shows our example page. Each status gauge indicates the maximum severity for our set of 4 filters, each filter representing events from a particular region. If we click on the gauge sitting over the USA, say, the Event Viewer is updated to show events for our "USA" filter. Similarly, clicking on the other gauges would refresh the Event Viewer to show the events from those regions instead.
The process for building this page is as follows:
2. Drag an image widget onto it (to act as a background map)
3. Drag four Status Gauge widgets onto it, plus a single Event Viewer portlet
4. Using the widget right-click menu, change the skin of the gauges to "Transparent no title" (to help them blend with the map image) and resize them as required
5. Configure the Event Viewer portlet to use an initial filter and view of your choice
6. Configure each of the Status Gauge widgets using the following settings: