TNPM Wireline Component - Upgrade procedure for Timezone support
brandongoh 270003G6GV Visits (6111)
Procedures to upgrade TNPM Wireline report prompt page to include support for timezone and resourceAlias labels for older common packs.
List of common packs below are require to perform this upgrade:
Pre-requisite installation before proceeding for the upgrade:
New prompt page available in the upgrade process:
2 report templates are available in ibm.
About this task
Prompt page and datasource upgrade to support timezone and resourceAlias labels.
Report template and common pack used in this example:
1. Upgrading report prompt page
2. On the Actions column, Click Launch icon to open ‘Customer Example Report’ report.
Report Studio open.
3. In Common Reporting, Click on the report package. In this example, select ibm.
4. On the Actions column, click Launch icon to open ‘TNPM Wireline Raw Report
Template’ report. Another Report Studio open in a separate window.
5. In the ‘TNPM Wireline Raw Report Template’ Report Studio window, mouse over to the ‘Condition Explorer’ explorer bar. Shortly after that, it will expand the ‘Condition Explorer’ dialog box.
6. Click ‘Variables’ and it should show all the variables available in this template.
7. ‘Reporting’ and ‘Resources1’ variables need to be copied over to the ‘Customer Example Report’ report.
< Ctrl + C > to copy each of the variables and < Ctrl + V > to paste these variables into the ‘Customer Example Report’ variables.
Repeat the steps until all variables are successfully copied as shown below.
8. In ‘TNPM Wireline Raw Report Template’ Report Studio window, mouse over to the ‘Query Explorer’ explorer bar for few seconds. The ‘Query Explorer’ dialog box will
appears shortly and then click ‘Queries’.
9. < Ctrl + C > to copy ‘ResourcesQuery’ and ‘TimezoneQuery’ query and
< Ctrl + V > to paste these queries into the ‘Customer Example Report’ report.
Repeat the steps until these queries are successfully copied.
10. In ‘TNPM Wireline Raw Report Template’ window, mouse over to the ‘Page Explorer’ explorer bar few seconds and click on ‘Prompt Pages’.
11. < Ctrl + C > to copy ‘PromptPage’ and < Ctrl + V > to paste the prompt page into ‘Customer Example Report’ prompt page as shown below.
13. Click on ‘File’ –> ‘Save’ to save the report.
Repeat step 1 – 13 to update other reports.
2. Upgrading xml data source
In ‘Data Source Connection’, by default only 15 data source entries will be shown. Expand the data source entries by increasing the entry number and then click one the run icon as shown on the screenshot below.
The raw and summary datasource needs to be updated to include the timezone parameter.
In this example, these are the datasource available in the mib2 common pack and require upgrade to include tz parameter.
Once changes have
been done to include ‘&tz
Previous raw data source :
New raw data source :
Repeat the steps from 1 to 7 to update the entire raw and summary data source for the common pack.