Within the OMNIbus Web GUI development team we are in the process of adding enhancements to the Event Viewer to provide functionality equivalent to the Active Event List.
The AEL has existed in some form for many years and hence contains a very large number of features. To help prioritise the work to be done in the Event Viewer, and also to help balance this work with development of other Web GUI components, it would help us to understand how important some of the AEL functions are to current users of the product.
The specific AEL features we would like to hear feedback on are shown in the list below. Comments can be left on the IBM Netcool Operations Insight Open Development Community site
For each item it would be great to hear whether people use the feature:
1. Countdown timer - the countdown timer on the status bar
2. Select/Deselect all - the ability to quickly select or deselect every row in the event list
3. On-the-fly column locking - the ability to lock a column by right-clicking on the column header
4. On-the-fly column ordering - the ability to drag a column by its header into a new position
5. Keyboard shortcuts for tools - the ability to run tools using keyboard shortcuts (eg. CTRL+A for "Acknowledge")
6. Flashing - the ability to see certain rows flashing in the event list
7. Quick filter - the ability to filter events by selecting a cell value and choosing an operator via the alerts menu
8. Filtering text fields using numerical operators - the ability to use >, >=, <, and <= operators in a quick filter when the selected field is a text-based field
9. Top-N - the ability for an administrator to limit the number of events returned from the ObjectServer, to improve system performance
10. URL notifications - the ability to have a browser window pop-up with a pre-configured URL when events are added, modified, or deleted