This guide has the purpose to illustrate a complete step by step example for setting up a failover configuration for TBSM 6.2. It can be downloaded from here:
Also during tests an issue has been observed causing RADServices to be restarted on the primary server while the secondary TBSM Data server is being restarted. A case could be opened at IBM to ask for a test fix for APAR IJ15391 to avoid such problems. Details here: https://www-01.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?uid=swg1IJ15391
Within this new TBSM 6.2 guide the following versions were used:
1. Installation Manager 1.8.9
2. IBM DB2 Workgroup Server Edition 184.108.40.206
3. IBM Tivoli Netcool/Omnibus 8.1 - Fix Pack 18
4. IBM WebSphere Application Server Version 8.5.5 - Fix Pack 13
5. Jazz for Service Management 1.1.3 - Fix Pack 2
6. IBM JAVA 220.127.116.11
7. IBM Tivoli Netcool/Omnibus 18.104.22.168-webgui Fix Pack 15
8. IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact 7.1 Fix Pack 15
All the TBSM prerequisites and components were installed using 3 servers as follows, but this is not a mandatory configuration:
- On server 1: Installation Manager, Omnibus, Netcool/Impact Primary, TBSM Primary Data Server
- On server 2: Installation Manager, Netcool/Impact Secondary, TBSM Secondary Data Server
- On server 3: Installation Manager, DB2, TBSM Database Configuration Utility, WAS, JazzSM/DASH, WebGUI, TBSM Dashboard Server
The guide contains screenshots and details for each installation and configuration needed to be followed. The most important aspects needed to be taken into consideration to avoid unwanted failures would be the following:
- Netcool/Impact servers should be configured from the beginning as an Impact cluster, prior to any TBSM component installation process to begin.
- While installing TBSM Primary data server, the secondary impact instance should be stopped.
- While installing TBSM Secondary data server, the primary impact instance should be up and running.
- During the TBSM Secondary installation process the Designated Backup option should be checked.
- During the TBSM Dash installation process the HA/FO option should be checked.
Previous guides created for TBSM installation with everything installed on the same servers, with the components distributed on several servers as well as SSO configuration could be found as follows:
Installation example with everything installed and configured on one server:
Installation example with everything installed and configured on two servers:
Installation example with everything installed and configured on two servers including SSO configuration between DASH and Impact:
Others are planned as well and hopefully you will find them useful!