Innovate 2013: Notes from the Zone (Agile Transformation Zone)
M_Kevin_McHugh 270001CDK4 Visits (2466)
Today was a busy day for the Zone.
1) A client arrived at the Zone with an agile planning conundrum. It seemed that the development cycle time of two different types of software (two different languages) we so incompatible that the best the team could do sprint length wise was in the order of months. Upon review, it turned out that the client needed finer grained impact analysis between the two sets of software. When this could be understood, assessment of the difficulty (read story points) would be more accurate. And, planning could proceed in the normal agile manner....
2) A client arrived at the Zone wanting to see RTC in action. He said he had seen the slides. But, he wanted to see the real thing..... so glad you asked.... 20 minutes later, we had reviewed, simple SCM chec
A second client walked up and saw the trace view.... he said, .... and I quote.... "cool".... in that certain way that left no doubt he was impressed.
3) Since the Zone is an "all service" zone, when another client stopped by to discuss migration between Clea
4) When the official pedestal closed, the Zone took it on the Road. Thank you to all the Zone fans who attended presentation 2294 - A case study in re-architecting an enterprise with SOA and Agile. A special shout out to those who asked questions at the end of the presentation. Those were tough, pointed questions. I am proud to say that the Zone's partner handle them all to the audience's satisfaction. BTW - there is no reason architecture must be done outside the context of the agile framework. Anyone at 2294 know that myth is done... The Zone also saw the myth that UML is neither lean nor agile busted at the presentation. RSA domain models passed to both the data architecture and the web services designer. Model Driven Development in Agile. Yes, we value working code over documentation. And, we value getting the code faster and more consistently through MDD. A glorious moment in the Architecture and Design space brought to you by a skilled Agile/SOA team.
5) Finally (for today), the Zone had the opportunity to introduce two client. One had largely solved the services/Agile problem. One is interested in beginning. In the Zone's experience, there is nothing like experience to make the roadmap clearer in solving a problem.
Well.... it is nearly midnight and the Zone has a meeting with its management team at 7AM....
Tune in tomorrow at the same bat time and the same bat channel....