Go Agile at Innovate 2013
Holitza 270000N4XQ Visits (2017)
Realize Your Agile Potential at Innovate 2013 – Go, Grow and Scale!
For those that are coming to Innovate this will serve as an insider’s guide to get the most out of your week in Orlando. For those that haven’t registered, this is what you’ll be missing!
We’re finalizing the curriculum, the Solution Center and all the other activities that will make this year’s agile experience at Innovate the best yet!
Amazing speakers and curriculum
Innovate 2013 will feature two development luminaries, on Monday we’ll hear from the author of the “The Lean Startup” Eric Ries and Tuesday will kick off with an icon in the technology industry, Steve Wosniak.
This year we will have over 80 agile sessions, of which 32 sessions are planned in the dedicated Agile track covering agile best practices and tooling.
· Monday will focus on Going Agile, with sessions on adopting agile practices and tools. Start off the day with the General Session and then join Rich Knaster, IBM Rational Chief Agile Methodologist, Scott Rich, IBM Distinguished Engineer and Maciej Zawadzki, UrbanCode CEO and Co-Founder for the Agile mini-maintent exploring why agile is imperative to an effective DevOps implementation.
· Tuesday will be dedicated to Growing and Scaling your practice, featuring case studies and techniques for leveraging agile in large and distributed environments.
· Wednesday is all about you and which agile approach will address you and your organization’s needs. We’ll start the day with lightning talks on popular agile approaches like Scrum, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework, Disciplined Agile Delivery and Harmony. Then, based on the approach that appeals to you, attend sessions that go into more detail about each framework.
· Thursday ‘s sessions will be a fantastic way to wrap up the week and have some fun with The Kanban Pizza game and a panel on building great leaders and coaches.
The remainder of the agile sessions at the conference will span specialized agile topics including testing, service virtualization, DevOps, design and architecture, mobile development, social business, embedded agile and even agile for mainframe development. For a detailed look at the sessions we have planned please check out the Session Preview tool.
On Tuesday night from 6-8pm, join us in the developerWorks zone in the Solution Center for some adult beverages and Agile “Tech Talks.” Our lineup includes five TED-style talks delivered by IBM developers, followed by a deep dive demo of Rational Team Concert and our new Agile ALM for Scrum template.
We are expanding our agile training at Innovate. We will now offer three pre-conference Certified ScrumMaster™ classes provided by IBM in partnership with Agile42, Blue Mercury Consulting, and IconATG. In addition, Island Training will be offering a post-conference course, “Rational Team Concert for Scrum and Agile teams.” All four classes are filling up quickly, so register soon!
For folks that are looking for lighter weight training, we are offering
· The always popular Using Rational Team Concert for Agile 3 hour hands on workshop.
· Short self-guided, hands-on workshops at Rational OpenLabs in Europe 5.
· JazzHub Live! These are for those attendees who literally only have 15 minutes to spare, focused on getting started and using with Rational Team Concert on JazzHub. Look for JazzHub Live! outside of Southern II.
Solution Center and More Fun…
If all of that is not enough we have more planned. During lunch and after your sessions, stop by pedestals AT1 and AT2 in the Solution Center to talk about our new Agile ALM solution and find out how we can help you scale your agile practices with IBM’s broad offering of DevOps capabilities. But before you chat with our IBM experts, first stop by one of our agile partner’s booth. They might just be the key to getting some cool swag! So stop by these booths to get the scoop Agile42, Blue Mercury Consulting, IconATG, Island Training, 321 Gang, SmartBear, Sogeti, Coverity and Black Duck.
And after a long week of sessions, training and demos, we have a tradition of taking the whole conference somewhere special. This year we’re going to "Go Wild" at Disney’s Animal Kingdom to reflect on what you’ve learned, have some good food, good drink and take on Expedition Everest!
If this has convinced you to attend, proceed straight to ibm.com/innovate to register now!
Those were a few of the highlights for the week, if you have any questions… please feel free to comment on the blog and I’ll do my best to get you answers… See you at Innovate!