Greetings fellow SAFe evangelists!
I'm pleased to announce the availability of the complete set of SAFe templates in CLM Milestone 5 that provide end-to-end support for SAFe Portfolio, Program and Team levels. In Milestone 5, the following templates come out of the box:
- SAFe Program\Team process template for Rational Team Concert (RTC)
- SAFe Portfolio process template for Rational Team Concert (RTC)
- SAFe Portfolio process template for Rational Quality Manager (RQM)
- SAFe Portfolio project template for Rational DOORS Next Generation (RDNG)
You will need to deploy the default process templates in RTC and RQM as usual to see them. In RDNG, you do not need to deploy anything to get started.
When you want to create a new SAFe Program project area, use the RTC SAFe 3.0 Process (Program) to create your SAFe Program tooling infrastructure, shown here:
To create the SAFe Portfolio CLM lifecycle project area (LPA), you will need to perform multiple steps:
- Create the RTC Portfolio project area using the SAFe 3.0 Process (Portfolio) template
- Create the RQM Portfolio project area using the Quality Management for SAFe template
- Create the RDNG Portfolio project area by specifying the SAFe Portfolio Project Template project template when prompted in the project area creation wizard
- Create the CLM LPA by linking to each of the three project areas created in steps 1-3
The resulting SAFe end-to-end tooling infrastructure will look like this:
For a complete overview of the SAFe solution support in CLM 6.0.1, please check out the SAFe Solution Overview V6.0.1 presentation. The SAFe Reports for the 6.0.1 environment are not yet available, but check back on the external SAFe Landing Page for those. We will post them as soon as they are available.
If you are interested in trying out the SAFe Program support delivered in RTC V6.0, you can do that on jazz.net: https://jazz.net/products/sandbox/?tag=rational-team-concert.
As always, your candid feedback is greatly appreciated!
Solution Architect, DevOps Plan & Enterprise Scaled Agile