The OpenCourseWare (OCW) movement, part of the larger Open Educational Resources (OER) movement, was pioneered 10 years ago when the Massachusetts Institute of Technology launched its OpenCourseWare initiative, making educational course materials in digital form available on a free and open basis to all.
ISSL Education is pleased to announce an OpenCourseWare Pilot joining a prestigious group of organizations already participating in this movement. The open courseware available, as part of this pilot is the material used in the instruction of Course D8L55 - Introduction to IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 XPages. The timing for building Social Business application development skills that leverage XPages technology could not be better - especially with the recent announcement of the Domino 8.5.3 XWork Server.
Here are a few key points about the OpenCourseWare Pilot :
- Materials usage is intended for those who would like to setup their own environment and self-instruct on XPages.
- Classroom and self-paced eLearning versions of this course will continue to be available (at the public list price) for individuals who prefer formal instruction and lab support.
- A variety of additional XPages Application Development courses are available for a fee to continue your study of this technology and further develop your skills.
- To access and download the free courseware you need to be a member of Lotus Greenhouse.
- Already a member? Login to download "Introduction to IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 XPages" courseware.
- Additional resources available to learn XPages are available here