If you haven’t signed up yet, be sure to check out the October cloud computing for developers virtual event
. Participants in this two-day event will learn how to leverage the power of the cloud to tackle the toughest business and technical challenges! This two-day event will be packed with real-world examples and live demos of techniques and products – and you’ll see it all without leaving your desk. It's going to be exciting to have you all there with us getting smarter learning new technical skills to prepare us all for a smarter planet.
Here's some of what's in plan for the event. Remember that you can ask as many questions as you wish to our team of experts about any of our sessions.
- IBM technical experts will kick off the event on day 1 with a session on the IBM development and test cloud and you'll see the cloud in action in a live demo. Our experts will discuss use cases and scenarios that will help you as you develop and test in the cloud.
- Next we'll discuss a roadmap on how you and IBM can move your application to pattern-based middleware and why infrastructure-as-a-service alone is not enough to reduce implementation challenges when making the move to software-as-a-service.
- Then you will learn how IBM's new Cast Iron Cloud Integration Platform has helped hundreds of customers just like you connect their cloud and on-premise applications in just days with its 'configuration, not coding' approach. You will see an engaging live ERP to cloud CRM demo.
- The final day 1 session will demonstrate how to efficiently package middleware and/or applications so that they can be easily deployed into dynamic "cloudified" IT infrastructure. Techniques addressed in this session will include Anatomy of an Open Virtual Appliance, OVA repository and lifecycle, single and multi-image OVAs, best practices and examples of OVF.
That's not all folks, remember we have a full set of sessions on the 2nd day to. Remember, you'll have to register separately for day 2.
- We'll start the day off showing you how solutions such as eXtreme Scale can scale the database layer. And you'll learn how eXtreme Scale and XC10 help solution-wide HTTP session management, and the WebSphere Application Server dynamic cache service for page fragments.
- Ever wondered why iSeries may be an ideal platform for cloud computing? The next session will show you how iSeries has been architected for applications that can be delivered in a hosted or SaaS environment, drilling down into the capabilities that make IBM iSeries well suited for SaaS.
- I'm sure you will not want to leave before you hear best practices for designing databases for multitenancy and resiliency which is the topic of the next session. Learn about use cases of AWS and DB2 instances, database schemas as well as a demonstration of setting up HADR in the cloud.
- We'll wrap up with a final session examining some technical considerations associated with building a secure application in a cloud environment and then discuss how they can be addressed with IBM products including DataPower, TFIM, TSIEM and TSPM.
We are giving you a choice. Choose the 2-day event best suited to you depending on where you are in the world. Both events will have very similar sessions. Register for the event that is best timed for North American (October 12-13) or European (October 26-27) time zones.
Visit the IBM Cloud for developers group
to view the agenda and session descriptions, or register here
We are looking forward to learning with you so join us this month to get a little smarter.