Hello Cognos Insight Community members,
Can you believe we're about to close out the month of August at the end of this week??? Yeah, me either. Where did the time go??? I know the expression analysis-paralysis but wasn't it just the other day that we were putting away the cold weather gear to make way for the warm weather-friendly clothes??? Breaking that heavy duty layering back out again isn't something I'm looking forward to. How about you?
Well, we can't stop time and I certainly don't intend to try but what we can do is try to exploit whatever time we have while we're here, right? Yeah, I know. Enough with the preaching. With that in mind, let's get right to it!
Right now in the Cognos Insight Community
...and I mean right now - in the Cognos Insight community our focus is more on preparing ourselves for all the exciting things that are coming in the next few weeks than managing things in progress. Still, there's our English Premier League Cognos Insight community project that's gaining a lot of traction in the community. We've had literally over 1,000 views of the latest application which is very exciting. Now, we just want you and others to jump in and add to the existing Cognos Insight app that's in circulation brought to us by Clifford Lobo. Thank you Clifford! He has developed for us an excellent version of a Cognos Insight English Premier League app that we can use to not only get updated on the EPL results from this past weekend but it also will help us familiarize ourselves with Cognos Insight the product. Learn more about this fun Cognos Insight collaboration by clicking here.
There's also been a great deal of excellent questions posted on the Cognos Insight community which you should review as seen in the 'Getting Started with Cognos Insight' sub-community.
1) Monthly Twitter Chats with IBM Cognos Insight product and application experts: We'll use the hashtag #cognosinsight for these. We'll make sure you get notified when these are happening.
How does a Twitter Chat work:
To view, confirm and join the conversation of our forthcoming Twitter chat, click on the hashtag #cognosinsight. Doing so will reveal the tweets of everyone, globally, who is participating in the Twitter chat by including the designated hashtag in his or her tweets. Or, just search on that hashtag right before our start time and you'll see filtered results that will take you to our Twitter Chat. From here, ask or answer a question or comment by tweeting and including the hashtag each time, exactly as it is written by the rest of the group.
2) Community Newsletter: Coming this September! We'll only include the most important items leaving out the fluff!
3) Ask The Expert Sessions: We'll also be doing these events on periodic basis so you can hear directly from us with live demonstrations and best practices tips from our experts. We're very excited to be bringing this to you!
4) NFL Fantasy Football Cognos Insight App: We'll be bringing you this NFL App later this week where we'll also be updating it each week with the latest results throughout the season. This is exciting and fun for us to do and certainly hope you enjoy it as well. This is similar to our English Premier League challenge only that IBM will be creating and distributing the App and the weekly results to you whereas the EPL App game is community-authored.
5) Cognos Insight social media outlets: Another easy way to stay connected to the latest information coming out of the Cognos Insight Community and AnalyticsZone is to join our social media outlets. Like, Follow, or Join us below.
Register for the AnalyticsZone and Cognos Insight communities! If you're registered for this community we'll be sending our a monthly newsletter with all of these updates so make sure you register today!
I hope I succeeded in making this post short and informative.
One last thing if you don't already have a free copy of Cognos Insight download it now by clicking the button below!
See you all on the Cognos Insight community!
Read more at the Insight Community blog[Read More]