Welcome to the Insight Community Blog!
We’re excited to announce the release of a new version of IBM Cognos Insight! This version includes significant improvements to Cognos Insight's core capabilities making it much easier for business users to do the all-important analytics tasks that they've come to love doing in Cognos Insight. Those improvements were made to this version's data import and file consolidations for either desktop- or server-based data. Optimizations were also made to this version of Cognos Insight to improve the experiences users have in analyzing, visualizing, forecasting and sharing of their analysis. This release is something you must see!
This version also improves Workspace creation and the analysis interface with enhanced drill behaviors, preference options for cross tab views of data, and data hierarchy appearances. It has many cool new visualizations with enhanced quality that you'll want to check out too!
You'll see an improved Query Builder interface allowing for access to even more databases than before including MS Access, Netezza and Teradata while eliminating the need for users to write SQL in their importing of data. This last no-scripting-required feature is a huge additive for business users unfamiliar with SQL scripting because now the Query Builder can do it all for you!
As Bob Barker used to say on The Price is Right!...but that’s not all!
Users will also experience increased interactivity and performance in this version. They’ll now be able to check for updates automatically within both Cognos Insight Personal Edition and Standard Edition without having to leave the solution. This was an important feature users asked for and we are glad to be able to provide it to them.
Below are even more specific details of the new features I've already mentioned should you want to go a level deeper. They are:
- Improved rendering performance and visual quality of selected and commonly used charts for better data analysis;
- Chart axes optimization for data that falls within a very small range of values, allowing for more focused visualization of the data
- Flexibility to choose the way you prefer to interact with your data using new personal preference selections for double click actions and the default view of dimension levels
- Personalized navigation and better performance as a result of new Explore Point filtering options
- Faster creation of authored workspaces using the new Diamond Plate theme and grid lines for more accurate widget placement
- More intuitive access to commonly used actions performed during import as a result of features such as the ability to duplicate existing import processes and the ability to leverage multiple sign-ons when importing data from IBM Cognos BI reports or packages
- Notification of new releases of IBM Cognos Insight allowing you to stay informed of the latest advancements and features as they become available
Don't waste anymore time and get your free downloadable copy of Cognos Insight Personal Edition now! Click here to get the free download of the Personal Edition now!
Tim O'Bryan, IBM AnalyticsZone
Read more at the Insight Community blog