There are certainly many challenges facing finance, IT and risk management professionals as they grapple with the changing regulatory, compliance and risk management landscape. IBM has a solution portfolio including IBM Cognos FSR and IBM Openpages to harness, automate and enable effective management of these practices to which I want to give you a brief introduction.
Many customers have benefited from these solutions including a few mentioned below:
- Omnicom Group - In the first two years of implementing IBM Cognos FSR Omnicom was able to increase cash flow by $200M by lowering accounts receivable balances greater than 60 days by 3.5%.
- United Technologies - 20% savings efficiently addressing new XBRL and “last mile” demands putting into practice IBM Cognos FSR. They use IBM Cognos FSR to deliver all of their required regulatory filings 10 Qs and 10 Ks – pulling information from dozens of G/Ls and supplemental data sources. Automating this process to supported both core external reporting process and integrated XBRL tagging in a single solution without errors
- Barclays - Reduced cost, improved efficiency and effectiveness, a better overall view of risk and compliance posture and the dependencies between them. Barclay's implemented a IBM Business Analytics platform used extensively by the business, particularly when completing risk and control assessments.
- Financial Governance
- Consolidation & Corporate Reporting
- "The Last Mile" and Integrated XBRL
- Mastering Risk Management
- Financial Controls, Policy & Compliance, & Internal Audit
- Operational Risk Management
Other Business Analytics software solutions within the portfolio:
Other IBM Customer Resources:
Read more at the Insight Community blog