Business Process Manager V8.0 has a sociability approach to work on tasks allocated.
- New Process Portal and Coaches enable users to work together on the same tasks via real-time interactions.
- Activity streams provide a way for you to monitor and perform ad-hoc actions on your “favorite” processes and tasks.
- Experts – either pre-defined or discovered dynamically (using social analytics) – can help you complete process tasks.
- New Coaches - The new coach designers enables the process authors to create effective and attractive User interfaces.
New Process Portal
- The process-data can also be viewed in the Task details with a minimal configuration and no coding
- The tasks allocated are based on the due dates of the tasks(Overdue, At Risk, Due Today, Due Tomorrow, Due This Week, Due Later)
- The authorized exposed BPDs(Business Process definitions) can be instantiated from the Process Portal itself
- The saved searches are also part of the New process portal
- The process instance data can be queried using the Full-text search
- The Tasks tab is distinguished in Open and Completed Tasks
The new coaches also known as Coach Next generation (Coach Views).
- The new Coaches apply the Web 2.0 appearance and behavior.
- The Coach Views use Dojo 1.7.1.
- Instead of the one-button mechanism of Heritage Coaches (Old Coaches), Coach Views use named boundary events. For example, a Coach can have multiple buttons. In the human service diagram, you can wire each button to a different event.
- The coach views can also be created as templates and be re-used across different Process applications.
Image of Coach at design time
Follow Process Instance: Process instance can be followed to get the latest updates on a Process
- All the followed-processes can be viewed in the “Following” tab.
details of the “followed” process instance gives tasks-details claimed by a
particular user and displays the activities completed.
- The “in-flight” process status can be viewed for the “followed processes”
- The process instance can be followed by clicking on the star beside the Task.(Refer the above diagram)
Find an Expert: An expert advice can be taken while working on a task.
- Experts can be invited for collaborative working on Tasks.
- There are 2 types
Recommended Experts: Experts discovered dynamically using social analytics. Example: Business users who claim the tasks and complete on time are discovered as Recommended Experts.
Experts Recommended by the Subject Matters Expert groups: The experts pre-defined during the process-modeling phase appear under the “Experts recommended by the Subject Matters Experts”
Inline Task Actions: The tasks that can be worked upon without claiming are the Inline tasks.
- The common scenario to use the Inline tasks is approving/rejecting a Claim application.
- The Inline Tasks(Coaches) are available in the Coaches toolkit.
- There a 3 types of
Simple Approval: This task has 2 buttons namely “Approve” and “Reject”. Actions can be defined based on click of particular button.
Simple Choice: This coach can be customized to have buttons with different names based on implementation. Actions can be defined based on click of particular button.
Simple Completion: This coach is just for approving. The comments given while approving can be passed to process variables.
Task Data Visibility on the Task List: To display the business data values at runtime while claiming the tasks in inline as well as other Human services is the purpose of this feature.
- The business data values can also been viewed at the Task details under the Details tab.
- To enable business data object to be printed implicitly on the coaches or task details it needs to be search-able to the framework
- There is no coding required and a minimal configuration needs to be done.
Auto Flow to Next Task: After claiming a task the user is taken to next task automatically without claiming it
- The Processing behavior for the preceding tasks should be enabled for "Automatically flow to next task"
- The following task Assignments should be "Last User in Lane"
Re-usable Views: The re-usable coach sections that can be used across different coaches are the “Re-usable views”.
- The re-usable views can fire their own boundary events
- The re-usable views can be scripted to behave in a specific for events such as load,onChange
- Re-usable views give unified look to the coaches with design required once only.
Collaboration: Two process-users can work collaboratively on a task. The tasks can be modified by both process-users at real time.
- Collaborative users can work on a task interactively using the Activity streams.
- 1 user at a time can edit the field in the coach while the other can view the change in values.
- Any user can submit the task on completion.
tasks can be claimed anytime in the process.
- By default, only members of tw_admins can claim Adhoc tasks. Customizations are required to add other business roles.
- Adhoc tasks can be configured to be visible to a particular Participant group or a milestone.