IBM® Data Server Manager V1.1 helps organizations manage their IBM DB2® databases across the enterprise through tooling that has a common integrated console, enhanced simplicity, improved performance and availability, and simplified workflow with actionable recommendations. Organizations can:
- Simplify database administration and reduce errors with integrated web console to view and monitor the health of databases across the enterprise.
- Identify, diagnose, prevent, and solve performance problems with a more predictable database server execution environment.
- Track and manage client/server and database environment efficiently with centralized management.
- Optimize database performance with expert recommendations on query design, unique indexes, and statistics quality.
Data Server Manager is being provided as an update to the IBM Business Value Offerings in the Performance Management Offering for Non-Advanced DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows environments. Companies that own DB2 Advanced editions will also be able to get the capability of Data Server Manager.
How can businesses get their hands on the new Data Server Manager?
Data Server Manager is available for download if you own DB2 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition or DB2 Advanced Work-group Server Edition. For non-advanced editions of DB2 there is the newly announced Business Value Offerings, specifically the Performance Management Offering that will offer Data Server Manager.
Simplify database administration and reduce errors
- Manage databases, database instances, for standard database partitioning feature and IBM DB2 pureScale® topologies, and database objects efficiently using built-in wizards (tools).
- Simplify query building, editing, tuning, and formatting, and increase operational efficiency through enhanced navigational capabilities to rapidly find relevant database objects.
- Create, schedule, and track command scripts and utilities; manage jobs configuring email notifications in command scripts to report upon job completion.
- Run commands on multiple objects and manage cluster members using DB2 pureScale environment.
- Support column-organized tables with the ability to create, alter, or drop columns.
Current DB2 Tools Portfolio to Manage Complete Data Cycle
What Customers Keep Telling Us
IBM Data Server Manager
IBM Data Server Manager Architecture
Performance is based on measurements and projections using standard IBM benchmarks in a controlled environment.The actual throughput or performance that any user will experience will vary depending upon many factors, including considerations such as the amount of multi programming in the user's job stream, the I/O configuration, the storage configuration, and the workload processed. Therefore, no assurance can be given that an individual user will achieve results similar to those stated here.
What do Businesses Have Today?
How Do Customers Get IBM Data Server Manager?
IBM Data Server Manager Query Tuning
Tune individual SQL or entire workloads:-
Improve statistics quality
Improve database design
Improve query design
Simplify tuning process for DBAs and developers
Capture SQL and workloads from a variety of sources (e.g. performance monitor,
development environment, or directly from database)
Understand DB2’s SQL processing through advanced access plan visualization (graph or
Use wizards to identify tuning opportunities and assess benefits and impact
Create detailed reports to document and share your findings
Diagnose using Query Tuner
IBM Data Server Manager – Explore Database View
IBM Data Server Manager –Edit and Run SQL
DSM Insight Feedback –Results Summary
•Product looks simple and easy to use
•Looks valuable to both novice and experience users
•Provides important capabilities that match users’ tasks
•Very happy to see the integration of multiple products into one workflow
•100% rated the new designs Better or Much Better than current tools
•100% rated the problems addressed as Important or Very Important
•100% rated the new designs Easy or Very Easy to use
•100% were Impressed or Very Impressed with the “Wow Factor”
•92% are Likely or Very Likely to adopt the new designs
•Want to see system, instance, and even network performance info
•Want alerts sent to Tivoli (others) to include link back to DSM for drill-down
•Want supporting details collected at the time of alert for later forensics
•Object comparison and synchronization
•Include columns indexed in index list (admin)
•Ensure that navigation brings together all the relevant information
•Want jobs to pause and resume to run only in maintenance window
•Want to see different high level metrics for different groups of databases
IBM Data Server Manager simplifies database administrative tasks for both expert and novice users. With one simple IBM Data Server Manager server installation, you can access multiple IBM data management platforms without the need to install or update any client code. Data Server Manager consolidates information from multiple systems in a single graphical interface that is accessible from any standard web browser. The supported platforms include:
- IBM DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- IBM DB2 for z/OS
- IBM BigInsights
IBM Data Server Manager is easy to deploy and helps IT staff perform administrative and performance tasks easily and efficiently with less manual effort:
IBM offers several database performance tools, including IBM Data Server Manager, which is an integrated database management platform for DB2 databases. DBAs can use it to monitor performance, track configuration changes, administer databases, and proactively or reactively optimize their database environment using one integrated, end-to-end tool.