1. Fsize Descirption
Take AIX 7.1 system for example, under root "/" directory, the "fsize=-1". " -1" means that the file size is unlimited . Under others the default fsize=1GB (2097151).
Build one Domino Server for Smart Upgrade under non-root directory. The default fsize is 1GB. If smart upgrade database's size is more than 1 GB, new smart upgrade kit's webkit would not be uploaded successfully.
We could modify the default fsize to "fsize=-1" or some other enough big number. Thus allow enough file size space for smart upgrade database.
e.g: Modify the file "/etc/security/limits":
2. Fsize usage example for Smart Upgrade
1) V854 Domino is installed under path： /domino directory. Check the AIX system free space limit. There is 19GB free space left in this "/domino" dir. Use Administrator Client connect to the Domino server which is on AIX system.
2) In the Administrator Client, create Smart Upgrade db named "smdb" on the V854 domino server. smdb's ACL is the default setting, no change.
3) Create a smart upgrade kit named "test". Upload a webkit attachment and save this kit successfully. The attachment "notes854_designadmin_windows_np.exe" is about 780MB.
In the "Files" panel, see the smdb's Max size is "No limit" and its logical size is 783MB .
5) Then create another smart upgrade kit named "test2". Upload the same webkit attachment (The attachment "notes854_designadmin_windows_np.exe" is about 780MB) . Save this kit . But prompt Server Error: Can not write to file .
6) Check the AIX system's free space limit. There is still 18.27GB free space left in dir "/domino". ( Before create smart upgrade kit "test", there is 19GB left). So there "test2" smart upgrade kit is not saved failed.
7) Modify the default "fsize" to " -1" . And restart this AIX system.
8) Repeat the steps from 1) to 6). This time DO NOT reproduec that error. And could upload 2 or more big size webkit attachmen successfully.
The smart upgrade db (smdb) logical size is more than 2GB.