Given a wizard, flow, etc... of C->N->F1->F2....
where C= Current, N=Next, F1... = Future 1 and so forth. This is the flow.
- Visual Indication in C (spinning icon, etc..)
- Fetch Data in Cache if any
- Fetch Data from Server if needed.
- Perform Rendering of N upon Data ready. This could involve templating like DTL + dojo parse (mobile or otherwise).
- Transition to N after rendering. No other actions should be happening during a transition.
- Upon completion of transition to N, prefetch any data for N fragments that can be delayed (in RIA, could have multiple boxes and such that can delay rendering, less so in Mobile) and F1..FN (more so for Mobile) if possible async in background for speeding up future transition if possible and applicable. (more so in RIA given I may be filling in form and less quick transitioning).
- Enable controls for progression to F1.
Sorry I have not blogged in a while, but hope to more often.