IBM Web Experience Factory is all about making it quick and easy to develop applications (portlets) that are included as part of an exceptional web experience. We've seen our customers doing some awesome stuff, whether it be mobile/tablet mortgage origination solutions, sales solutions for mobile sales staff, employee or customer self-service, really anything the organization can automate to improve their responsiveness, productivity, whilst keeping their development costs low.
In the past, IBM Web Experience Factory (previously known as WebSphere Portlet Factory) has excelled at allowing developers to create exceptional multi-channel experiences.
IBM Web Experience Factory V8.0 builds off this robust base and past success and now provides many new capabilities to make developer multi-channel/mobile experiences even easier. The new release has focussed on the following key areas:
1) Enhanced Mobile/Multi-channel development including:
- Dynamic profiling with mobile capabilities: enabling the supercharged development of multi-channel applications/portlets, providing maximum reach with an optimal user experience for desktop browsers, smartphones and tablets,
- Improved user mobile experience with Mobile Dojo Toolkit and client-side application support for building exceptional mobile experiences.
- New sample showing how hybrid smartphone and tablet applications can be built levering IBM's new Worklight acquisition.
2) Ease of development, productivity and enterprise integration:
- Continued extension and improvement to the 150+ out of the box builders making it easier to build exceptional web experiences.
- New support of IBM WebSphere Portal V8.0 software an integration with portal themes.
- New Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) builder for building applications that access CMIS sources fromFileNet p8 Content Manager 5.0 and later and Microsoft Sharepoint 2010
- Enhanced support for developers and graphic and user interface designers to more easily work together with enhanced support for custom HTML designs/layouts and a new Data Layout builder.
- New cleaner portlet themes and skins, making it easier to generate exceptional web experiences that fit in with corporate styles and designed managed by the enterprise portal.
- Many productivity improvement making it easier for new and experienced developers to create exceptional multi-channel solutions.
- Enhancement to 100+ samples ensuring that developers can easily understand how to leverage Web Experience Factory capabilities and apply them to business problems.
- New online Web Experience Factory Community (http://ibm.co/factorycommunity) for Web Experience Factory developers to connect and collaborate, including, ability access the community, forum and wiki via with IBM Web Experience Factory IDE.
For more great info, check out our wiki and what's new: http://www.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf