I'm very happy to announce the availability of the Multi-Channel Feature Pack 2 for Web Experience Factory 8.0. This is our second Feature Pack release of 2013, and it continues our focus on the key themes of developer productivity and support for mobile and multi-channel applications. We're using these Feature Pack catalog releases to get new tools that support these themes into the hands of developers quickly.
Here are the key features in this release:
- New wizards for additional model types. There are several new wizards for quickly getting started building new models, including wizards that support client-side and server-side models, mobile/multi-channel wizards, and wizards that implement new patterns for multi-page forms and tabbed model containers.
- New Application Page builder. This is a high-level builder that supports several common UI patterns for pages. For example, it can create data entry or view pages using Data Page, automating nice features such as UI theme support, field hiding, and button actions. This builder complements other high-level builders such as View & Form, and it supports scenarios where in the past you had to use multiple lower-level builders such as Imported Page, Data Page, Button, and more.
- Additional layout templates for the Data Layout builder. There are several new Data Layout templates both for Dojo and non-Dojo layouts. In addition, the Data Layout builder has been enhanced to make it easier to make style changes.
- Feature pack documentation: Supplemental documentation for the IBM Web Experience Factory feature pack
- Feature pack download: IBM MultiChannel Featurepack for IBM Web Experience Factory v188.8.131.52 on Solutions Catalog
- Slide presentation on the new features: What's New slides for the Multi-Channel Feature Pack 2 for Web Experience Factory
- This feature pack requires the 184.108.40.206 Fixpack for Web Experience Factory (242MB ZIP file which includes a readme): Web Experience Factory Fixpack 220.127.116.11 download from Fix Central
Here are some wiki samples built with this Feature Pack.
- Article and sample using the Application Page builder: Customer Account Sample Using the Application Page Builder
- Client-side applications overview with updated samples: IBM Web Experience Factory Client-Side Applications Overview
- Updated samples using the Camera builder: Camera Builder Samples for the Multichannel Feature Pack for WEF 18.104.22.168