After upgrading the Spectrum Protect Environment from any V7.1 Version to V7.1.9, the daily TSM Database Backup does not run. Received an error as follow:
ANR4588E A database backup configuration might be incorrect.
It might be because of the version of GSKIT (between Server and Client) when you have installed the BA Client on the same machine of the IBM Spectrum Protect Server. To
ensure that you have same version of GSKIT, please update/upgrade the BA Client with the same version of the server.
Kindly follow below steps on how to upgrade the client on the same
machine of your Spectrum Protect server :
1) Get the BA Client software.
2) Halt the Spectrum Protect server.
3) Stop BA client processes if there are any.
4) Uninstall the BA client. You need to use the BA client installer to uninstall it, not from the Add/Remove programs in windows.
5) Check directory
C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\Tivoli\TSM\api64\gsk8\lib64 and make sure it is empty.
This is the GSKit directory installed by the client. If it is not empty,delete it.
6) Rename these files to something else, such as name.dll.old:
7) Install the BA client.
8) Copy this directory
Please rename the original directory to something else before copying and replacing.
9) Start the server and see if the backup db is running.