IBM XIV GUI version 3.01 is now available for download from here.
Fixes in this release include:
- An increased timeout value to prevent disconnects in slow network environments.
- Some compatibility fixes for using the GUI with XIVs on older firmware levels (10.2.1 or 10.1.0a or lower).
- An LDAP fix.
- The GUI installation will no longer include its JRE folder in the user's path environment variable (since this could break other JAVA based apps).
I recommend everyone who uses the XIV GUI, regardless of their XIV firmware level, to upgrade to this level. Don't forget that even if you don't have an XIV, you can download and install the GUI and run it in demo mode to see just what everyone is talking about.
Removing the XIV JRE Path statements
The path variable changes are not retrospective, meaning installing the v3.01 XIV GUI will not remove the offending JRE path statement. If you find this is needed (because you have some broken Java applets), here is what you have to do.
- Download the XIV V3.01 GUI
- Edit your path variable to remove all XIV statements.
- Install XIV GUI 3.01
To give you a more detailed set of instructions:
- Open your Control Panel and go to System and then open Advanced System Settings now go to Environment Variables.
- Highlight your Path entry.
- Select Edit.
- I recommend you then click in the Path variable box, right click and choose select all, then copy the entire path statement and paste it into a text file.
- Save that text file to keep a record of your paths (in case you make a mistake).
- Now remove every entry that relates to the XIV GUI. I had several.
- Now paste the edited path statement back in and hit OK.
- Now install the XIV GU v3.01.
After install is complete, check the PATH variable, you should see just one reference to XIV: C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Storage\XIV\XIVGUI
You are now complete.