GanttChart for ClearQuest is a unique plug-in for IBM Rational ClearQuest developed by CM-Consult. It allows project managers, executives, and all team members to view tasks from the project plan. Project managers like GanttChart because it is easy to use. With two clicks GanttChart allows re-planning tasks, and automatically updates the corresponding task fields. That is GanttChart for ClearQuest allows you to plan tasks directly from ClearQuest in real time mode.
Also, project managers will definitely like the ability to visualize the transition tree of each request. This function not only displays the graphic representation of a state chart, but also allows viewing the number of transitions between states (number of loops). If a task was sent for rework several times, this information will be available in the state chart.
The most important feature is that after the installation GanttChart works as a single application with ClearQuest, and allows project managers to save time for planning and re-planning the tasks.
GanttChart is compatible with any ClearQuest schema including standard ALM schema and any customized user schema. Sometimes it is required to perform minor corrections to the custom schema to be able to use all features of the application.
The most important features include:
- Ability to plan and re-plan on the spot, including altering the dates for multiple tasks.
- Support for user databases with large number of tasks without performance degradation.
- Convenient display of tasks: color coding of tasks depending in their status (late, completed, not implemented, etc.).
- Ability to view the user’s load for the whole pool of change requests (tasks, defects, requests, etc.).
- Representation of hierarchy and relations between change requests as aggregate tasks and implementation sequence – complete visualization of relations (hierarchy and relations between tasks).
- Display of brief information about a task as a tool tip.
- Display of UML state chart for every task (through the context menu).
- Ability to open change request forms directly from a chart.
- Different representations of a project (as a Gantt chart or as resources load by day).
Change requests are highlighted in different colors depending on their completion status. Such highlighting allows distinguish tasks by status, for example, green – completed; yellow – in progress; red – late and not started yet; crimson – in progress but late; blue – planned; gray – new not planned task.
Point to the task to view brief information about it
GanttChart configuration is easy and intuitive
Visualization of states provides a convenient representation of task change history. It represents states and transitions between states, and also calculates and displays their number. It is convenient, when you need to find out how many times a task (or any change request) has been returned for rework. For your convenience, you can rearrange states by moving by a mouse.
You can analyze the resources usage in a special representation of GanttChart
Using context menu, you can easily configure and manage the Gantt chart
GanttChart is a powerful complex tool necessary for every manager who uses ClearQuest. Powerful planning and visualization capabilities, and interactive configuration makes GanttChart even more attractive for those who want to save time and get more functionality from ClearQuest.
Currently GanttChart for ClearQuest is available for ClearQuest v.6, v.7, and v.8. English and German interfaces are available. Our company can localize GanttChart for ClearQuest interface for your language within 10-15 days.
You can download 30-day fully functional trial version from our website after filling a short form.
After you fill the form, our representative will contact you, and send you the distribution kit and the license key. The key allows using all functions of the application for 30 days.
Our licensing scheme allows choosing the best service plan for each customer.