The CMC-Visualizer for Team Concert module is developed for user-friendly provision of data about change requests stored in IBM Rational Team Concert. The CMC-Visualizer features include the visualization of the tree of request states, display of the requests hierarchy as a Gantt chart, and generation of reports on change requests in PDF format.
CMC-Visualizer for Team Concert is capable to considerably facilitate the analysis of change requests for project managers. CMC-Visualizer is a Plug-in, which is installed into TeamConcert. After installation, the module integrates into the Team Concert context menu.
Efficient mechanisms of information display make CMC-Visualizer for Team Concert a very important tool for both project managers and all other participants.
Display of history of change requests as an UML diagram. There are three display modes:
- All the statuses and transitions between the statuses are displayed right along. The total number of transitions from one status to another is calculated. The calculation is especially useful for the analysis of causes of repeated return (for instance, reopening of a task or multiple correction of a defect).
- Only statuses and transitions from real history are displayed. This mode, in contrast to the previous one, displays only the statuses, for which the change request has already passed, and not the whole scope of statuses.
- Only the statuses and transitions from real history are displayed with an option to display the statuses, to which a transition is possible. It differs from the previous one by the option of displaying the statuses, to which a transition from the current one is possible. This mode facilitates perception of information on the life cycle of a change request.
Display of the hierarchy of change requests
- It allows displaying the hierarchy and dependencies between change requests (the dependencies are only displayed if it is allowed by the IBM Rational Team Concert scheme).
- All descendants (child requests) and ancestors for the current (selected in the context menu) change request are displayed as a Gantt chart.
- The scheduled and actual start and finish terms are displayed (if allowed by the IBM Rational Team Concert scheme).
- Change requests with no scheduled dates are displayed as milestones.
- The module allows collecting and representing the cumulative information on a change request as a PDF file. The report consists of the following sections:
- Brief summary on the change request.
- Tree of states.
- Hierarchy of requests.
- History of changes.
- User attributes (the combination of attributes depends on the scheme, and is selected by the user while setting up CMC-Visualizer).
CMC-Visualizer for Team Concert may be recalled with the context menu
One of the options to represent the transition diagram