For Systems Director 6.2
- Firefox 3.6, 3.5 and 3.0 - you have to be nuts to not be using 3.6 IMHO!
- Internet Explorer 7 or 8.
- See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/director/v6r2x/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.director.plan.helps.doc/fqm0_r_supported_web_browsers.html
- Unofficially, I find Google Chrome 12 works fine too.
For Hardware Management Console (HMC)
(I am assuming a recent HMC V7R7.3 level here) it supports (from the Power7 manuals)
- Internet Explorer 7 but says IE 8 is not supported - just tried this and the left hand menu got missing!
- Firefox 22.214.171.124 - What are they bonkers that is years out of date!
- See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/powersys/v3r1m5/index.jsp?topic=/p7ha1/webbrowserrequirements.htm
The Systems Director levels seem reasonable with Firefox 3.6 being my favourite but the HMC levels only show that the documentation is years out of date. Again I find Firefox 3.6 works well with my HMC's.But what about newer versions of the browsers?
But I have lots of questions with Firefox 4 and even the Firefox 5 beta - I do not recommend them. Firefox 4 has issues and theses have been reported to the Firefox developers though their Forum as requested. We also have Internet Explorer 9 available.
So my question is:
- If you are successfully using newer browser versions - what are they and for HMC or Systems Director or both?
- Answers in the comment section please.