The original 2007 AIXpert Blog Entry:
However, newer templates are not been made available since.
All requests for updates and public release have not been successful.
- Reading between the lines, I (Nigel) have come to the conclusion (this is not an official statement but guess work on my part) that the costs are just far too high to publicly release IBM's third party created templates without any understanding the number of people that would seriously benefit and the Power Systems sales or customer satisfaction that would be the result. That is: there is no business case to fund this.
I am not a user of Visio and don't understand the effort to create a template. I can see three options to this:
- Can I suggest these POWER templates are made in to a POWER user community based project to create and share templates?
- This would require a shared effort but is 100% doable and can be maintained.
- How much are you prepared to spend on purchasing them? A pure guess: but say 500 people willing to spend $199 each it might be enough.
- This may or may not work. IBM or the third party might not want to make the effort to sell them.
- Someone external to IBM creates a online petition so the numbers can be established?
The fate of Visio templates for Power Systems is now in your hands.
Cheers, Nigel (@mr_nmon) Griffiths