We have blogged on this really cool AIX 7 feature in the past - but here is my problem: Once I install the AIX 5.2 mksysb image in to the Workload Partition running on AIX7 it all works fine but ... then what can I show an audience to show off "AIX 5.2 running on top of AIX 7":
- I need a simple application that only runs on AIX 5.2.
- Something simple enough that it does not take hours to install and hopefully that it is something visually interesting to see.
- I am told we can run Oracle 8 now including the kernel extension but its not pretty but at least it is not possible (as far as I know) to run it on AIX7 as we have much newer versions for AIX7. Note: it runs but you have to ask Oracle if its supported or not.
- I have run the nmon performance monitor binary for AIX 5.2 just to show that the binary runs on AIX 5.2 but not AIX 7. I like nmon ... but then I wrote it :-) I am not sure it is very convincing.
- So what else can I run?
- Have you got any ideas on a simple graphic tool, application, program that is only AIX 5.2?
Please let me know your ideas via the comments section below.
Thanks in advance, Nigel Griffiths - or mr_nmon
to my friends and Twitter