IBM POWER9 Enterprise Servers E950 & E980 have been publicly announced.
Here is your starter pack:
- Announcement August 7th for both E950 & E980
- 17th August - E950 Generally Available (GA) i.e. shipping to clients
- 21st September - E980 2 nodes= 96 core GA
- 16th November - E980 4 nodes=192 core GA
Quick Summery for Techies
Power Virtual User Group two 90 minutes Webinars on E950 and E980
Find the Power Virtual User Group here: http://tinyurl.com/PowerVUG
- Host: Jyoti Dodhia, IBM
- Speaker: Nigel Griffiths, IBM
- Two Webinars: Enterprise E950 on 8th August 2018 and Enterprise E980 on 9th August 2018
- POWER9 Enterprise E950 Unofficial Deep Dive for Techies
- POWER9 Enterprise E950 First Look at a Early Ship Program Server
- POWER9 Enterprise E980 Unofficial Deep Dive for Techies
- POWER9 Enterprise E980 First Look at a Early Ship Program Server
- PDF - On the VUG website find about 150 slides used for each Webinar in .PDF format
- MP4 replay - On the VUG website find the Replay recordings in .mp4 The two Replays are roughly 90 minutes long each
- YouTube replay - On YouTube find the videos for online watching The two Replays are roughly 90 minutes long each
- Download Nigel's PowerPoint Slides
- This is a Zip file containing the four presentations at a higher resolution than those presentation on the web
- Approximately 400 slides in total
- Size ~150MB in total
- You can use the slide in any way you like to promote POWER9 Enterprise Servers.
- Feel free to put you name on the front, delete, summarise, pass-on, study further or use the detailed pictures yourself.
- Note these are not IBM official charts nor IBM statements as these are Nigel Griffiths' person decks and the opinions are his alone.
IBM RedBooks on POWER9 Servers
POWER9 Performance Report
- Good quick summary of the key facts.
- IBM Power System E950
- IBM Power System E980
POWER9 Server Family Overview
POWER9 Scale-Up Servers Marketing
- Announcement Blog
- Only 3 screens long and very pleasant use of white space for style !
POWER® Processor-Based Systems RAS
- 66 pages of detail and tables for the POWER9 range of Servers including E950 and E980